Author Topic: Florida Education Consultants Teach Teens The United States Is Systemically Racist  (Read 316 times)

Offline Kamaji

Florida Education Consultants Teach Teens The United States Is Systemically Racist

It’s not just woke companies funding racial division in Florida schools — it’s also the local government.

BY: DOUG WALKER AND JACK LITTLE
SEPTEMBER 19, 2022

Following the 2021 Virginia gubernatorial election, critical race theory (CRT) entered the popular narrative. The idea that America is an irredeemably racist nation is a deeply unpopular one. It is incredibly important for parents to understand the degree to which this ideology has infiltrated the educational system all over America. Here’s just one recent example from Florida’s Sarasota County.

Embracing Our Differences, Inc. appears to be a harmless organization promoting educational initiatives in Florida schools. Their website boasts that Embracing Our Differences reaches nearly 300,000 adults and children annually and that their education initiatives in local schools reached 41,585 students and 1,439 teachers in 2020-2021 alone. For an organization located in a single county in Florida, that’s a lot of visibility.

Most of the lesson plans and student activities provided by Embracing our Differences promote a concept known as “social and emotional learning.” Don’t be fooled by the kind-hearted name; social and emotional learning, or SEL, is little more than a Trojan Horse for the building blocks of CRT.

The Center for Law and Social Policy openly hails “SEL curricula” for its ability to “explicitly acknowledge students’ lived experiences with systems of power like racism, homophobia, transphobia, and ableism and work to dismantle them within the campus and the larger community.”

A 2022 report by the Idaho Freedom Foundation states that “SEL programs seek to displace and stigmatize the old, supposedly oppressive cultural, moral religious institutions central to a child’s health and well-being such as the nuclear family, meritocracy and the church. In their place, it encourages children to embrace ideas such as gender fluidity, anti-white racism, toxic masculinity, white privilege, and the fundamentally unjust nature of American society.”

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/09/19/florida-education-consultants-teach-teens-the-united-states-is-systemically-racist/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I was systematically discriminated against when I applied for college financial aid because I was too white, too male, and my parents were too married and worked too hard.

Welcome to the club.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright