Author Topic: UN General Assembly convenes with focus on climate change despite real threat of WW III  (Read 317 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
UN General Assembly convenes with focus on climate change despite real threat of WW III
September 19, 2022 | Chris Donaldson

In a busy week for global geopolitics, world leaders will travel to New York City for the 77th United Nations General Assembly where climate change will top the agenda at a time when the entire planet has been engulfed in crisis after crisis including COVID, war, famine and growing unease over tensions between China and Taiwan.

Once they pay their respects to Queen Elizabeth II whose funeral is being held in the U.K. on Monday, the western world’s political elite will board their private jets for the trip across the pond for the first in-person gathering since the onset of the pandemic; for the last two years, the speeches have been delivered virtually.

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres kicked off the big event with remarks on recent natural disasters including last month’s flash flooding in Pakistan in which over 1,000 people lost their lives.

Guterres ripped the international community over what he called “sheer inadequacy” in dealing with climate change, calling for all countries and especially the powerful group of nations in the G20 to “boost their natural emissions reduction [targets].”

“My message to world leaders gathering here is clear. Lower the temperature now,” he demanded. “Don’t flood the world today. Don’t drown it tomorrow.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/09/19/un-general-assembly-convenes-with-focus-on-climate-change-despite-real-threat-of-ww-iii-1286749/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

Now I know why the traffic was so screwed up in NYC this morning.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Meanwhile, at the Legion of Doom ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright