Author Topic: Lawyers for 30 illegals flown to Martha’s Vineyard seek criminal charges against DeSantis for trauma  (Read 990 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lawyers for 30 illegals flown to Martha’s Vineyard seek criminal charges against DeSantis for trauma and false promises
September 19, 2022 | Kevin Haggerty

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has a knack for drawing progressives out and now that he has garnered national media attention highlighting the border crisis and the hypocrisy of Democrats that have gone on ignoring it, civil rights attorneys in Boston are pushing for a criminal investigation over his “shameful political stunt.”

In today’s political climate, few were surprised to find that with thousands of illegal aliens crossing into the United States on a daily basis, devastating border towns and threatening the sovereignty of the nation, it wasn’t until dozens were brought to Martha’s Vineyard that a genuine reaction was compelled. Even after the so-called sanctuary city proved their hypocrisy by kicking the illegals off their island, representatives from the left think they can eke out a win, and they want to do so in court.

Lawyers for Civil Rights (LCR) is activist firm in Boston, MA with focuses on racial justice, climate change and, evidently, immigration law. After contacting the illegals that were deported from Martha’s Vineyard to Joint Base Cape Cod, they are now representing about 30 of them and are accusing DeSantis and officials in his state government of violating their civil rights.

Letters sent to both U.S. Attorney Rachael Rollins and Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey are seeking a criminal investigation stating, “Individuals, working in concert with state officials, including the Florida governor, made numerous false promises to our clients, including of work opportunities, schooling for their children, and immigration assistance, in order to induce them to travel.”

“We strongly believe that criminal laws were broken by the perpetrators of this stunt,” they continued and added, “They preyed on the vulnerability of our clients–many of whom had suffered deep trauma in their home countries and on their journeys to the United States–and exploited this vulnerability to win trust through false promises.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/09/19/lawyers-for-30-illegals-flown-to-marthas-vineyard-seek-criminal-charges-against-desantis-for-trauma-and-false-promises-1286756/

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/09/19/lawyers-for-30-illegals-flown-to-marthas-vineyard-seek-criminal-charges-against-desantis-for-trauma-and-false-promises-1286756/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

After contacting the illegals  ...
Referred to as ambulance chasers in other contexts. The illegals didn't go looking for legal representation, the sleazeballs came to them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

DeSantis' people left out driver's licenses.

Massachusetts now gives driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.

All the stuff about school, jobs, and immigration assistance is true.

The illegal immigrants will get more free assistance in Massachsuetts than they would down South.

DeSantis could save Florida taxpayers money by sending them by bus or train.  Private charter jets are way to expensive, especially with today's high fuel prices.

DeSantis, Abbott - keep up the good work.  Keep sending the illegal immigrants North.  We welcome them with open arms and open wallets.

Other suggested destinations:

- Burlington, VT (Bernie Sanders' backyard)
- Saratoga Springs, NY (summer playground of some liberal blue bloods)
- Newport, RI (summer playground of some liberal blue bloods)
- New Haven, CT (home of Yale University)
- Northampton, MA (home of the "5 Colleges")
- Wallingford, CT (home of private school, Choate school)

... other towns where rich people send their kids to private boarding schools and colleges.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

The illegal immigrants will get more free assistance in Massachsuetts than they would down South.

DeSantis could save Florida taxpayers money by sending them by bus or train.  Private charter jets are way to expensive, especially with today's high fuel prices.

DeSantis, Abbott - keep up the good work.  Keep sending the illegal immigrants North.  We welcome them with open arms and open wallets.

... other towns where rich people send their kids to private boarding schools and colleges.

:thumbsup:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Don't forget Ithaca the City of Evil!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

If DeSantis loses this in the courts, he/we are in trouble!

Hannity's interview with Cruz didn't help --

Senator Ted Cruz says that transporting migrants is illegal, but commends GOP governors for it anyway

Senator Ted Cruz admitted that transporting migrants across the US is illegal but said that he still supports Republican governors doing it.

The Texas senator made the comments while speaking to Fox News' Sean Hannity about Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott transporting migrants to Democratic areas such as Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts and Washington DC.

"I commend Greg Abbott for sending the immigrants to these blue cities, I commend Ron DeSantis for doing so, and they need to do more," Cruz said.

"Tomorrow, Martha's Vineyard needs a hundred. The next day they need two hundred. The next day they need a thousand," he said............

..............Hannity went on to ask Cruz, who previously worked as a lawyer, about the legality of transporting migrants, posing a hypothetical scenario in which he personally drove a truck to the border and collected immigrants and transported them across the country.

Hannity said: "Would I or would I not likely be arrested for human trafficking, and would it be illegal to do that?"

"For you, a citizen, you could easily be arrested, although to be honest, Joe Biden's Justice Department wouldn't arrest you," Cruz said.....................

https://www.businessinsider.com/ted-cruz-transporting-migrants-illegal-commends-governors-gop-2022-9
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Why is transporting these people across the U.S. illegal?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Northern liberal states are the Land of Milk and Honey for illegal immigrants.

By busing illegal immigrants North, Southern taxpayers are relieved of the costs to support them and the illegal immigrants get more generous assistance, especially in sanctuary states and sanctuary cities.  It's a win-win solution for everyone involved, except the Open Boder Limousine Liberal Hypocrites.

Who knew sending someone to Martha's Vineyard was a crime against humanity?

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Federal Government is more than welcome to start transporting illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard.  It is their job to secure the border and deport those who are in the United States illegally. 

But, if they are to remain in the US, liberal Northern states are great resettlement destinations.  They offer so much diversity, tolerance, and generosity.

Offline mountaineer

Their very presence in the U.S. - whether in El Paso, Wilkes-Barre (where Biden sent them in 2021) or Martha's Vineyard - is illegal.  :shrug:

Offline Kamaji

Their very presence in the U.S. - whether in El Paso, Wilkes-Barre (where Biden sent them in 2021) or Martha's Vineyard - is illegal.  :shrug:

Yes, their presence is; however, what makes it illegal to provide transportation within the U.S. to an illegal alien who is already here?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Referred to as ambulance chasers in other contexts. The illegals didn't go looking for legal representation, the sleazeballs came to them.

The illegals pretty much have to wait for the ambulance chasers to come to them, because they are imprisoned on a military base.  Those Martha's Vineyardians don't screw around when it comes to deporting illegal aliens..
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Especially when the Biteme Regime itself is transporting about 1000X more illegal aliens all over the country than TX, FL and AZ combined.

This bunch is this close to stating outright:  "It's not illegal if I do it!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Letters sent to both U.S. Attorney Rachael Rollins and Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey are seeking a criminal investigation stating, “Individuals, working in concert with state officials, including the Florida governor, made numerous false promises to our clients, including of work opportunities, schooling for their children, and immigration assistance, in order to induce them to travel.”
I thought I saw another thread on how these people received no false promises whatsoever. These lowlife lawyers can seek all the criminal charges they like, but if no crime was committed, they're s.o.l.

Offline corbe

From your (name not mentioned here) article above @libertybele I didn't know this:

Florida paid an Oregon-based aviation company $615,000 using state funds to transport migrants on a plane from Texas to Martha's Vineyard, according to reports.

FL Legislature endorsed spending these funds in this matter last session, I believe.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Especially when the Biteme Regime itself is transporting about 1000X more illegal aliens all over the country than TX, FL and AZ combined.

This bunch is this close to stating outright:  "It's not illegal if I do it!"

:thumbsup:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Find out the addresses of those 30 puke lawyers and send some illegals to their front yards too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

From your (name not mentioned here) article above @libertybele I didn't know this:

FL Legislature endorsed spending these funds in this matter last session, I believe.

I am against use taxpayer $$$ to fund transportation within the U.S. for ILLEGALS period. This doesn't sit well with me.

A point is being made, and yes I understand that it's gaining attention, but at taxpayers expense.  It's bad enough that they sit in our jail cells (if caught) getting 3 meals a day, watching TV, medical attention and forming gangs at our expense. 

Someone told me that FL has privately owned jails/prison system.  I have not researched that info to verify.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RINO wrote (about sending illegals to):
"Wallingford, CT (home of private school, Choate school...)"

Wait a minute.
Yes, Choate is leftist, but Wallingford is actually a Republican town.
Why do you want to punish them...?

Offline corbe

This should keep the Lawyers fed until the covid suits start up and believe me they'll find a way to get some of that trillion that we gave to the pharmaceutical companies.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

I am against use taxpayer $$$ to fund transportation within the U.S. for ILLEGALS period. This doesn't sit well with me.

A point is being made, and yes I understand that it's gaining attention, but at taxpayers expense.  It's bad enough that they sit in our jail cells (if caught) getting 3 meals a day, watching TV, medical attention and forming gangs at our expense. 

Someone told me that FL has privately owned jails/prison system.  I have not researched that info to verify.

Taxpayer money on illegals is being spent either way. Why not move the source of the expenses out of your state cutting off the continue expenditures? The cost of moving them is tiny compared to the cost of keeping them.

Offline libertybele

Taxpayer money on illegals is being spent either way. Why not move the source of the expenses out of your state cutting off the continue expenditures? The cost of moving them is tiny compared to the cost of keeping them.

I see your point @DB and agree.

Offline rustynail

You just got to love Lawyers.  They will find a way to get paid.