Author Topic: Today's Toons 9/19/22  (Read 3873 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 9/19/22
« on: September 19, 2022, 08:12:24 am »

Click below for Tony's toons:

Click for related story:

Click below for related story:

Click for related story:

Click below for related story:

Click for related story:

Click for related story:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter R:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

President Biden gave a speech at Independence Hall Thursday on a stage backlit by ominous dark red tones. He identified the nation's internal enemies as his political opponent last election and ripped them as extremists. It was a scary speech but not nearly as scary as it was in the original German.

US out of ammo due to Ukraine aid. Biden isn't worried. We can just reinvade Afghanistan and get back what we left.

The FBI never even considered raiding the Obama Library in Southside Chicago for secret documents. They knew they'd be outgunned.

Hillary's new show on Amazon is called Gutsy, because ABC already has a show called How to Get Away with Murder.

AOC says she may not live much longer. She plays the victim so well I'm surprised she doesn't carry around her own body chalk.

I shake my head and deliver the same eulogy every time I drive by an EV that's died on the road. You could have had a V8!

Senator Chuck Schumer is trying to get a bill to legalize marijuana nationwide passed to override several states where it's still illegal. The mish-mash of different state drug laws can defy logic. For instance, cocaine is legal in the state of Oregon but plastic straws aren't, and that has to be frustrating.

Business Week says so many millions of Americans working at home has created a vast number of home offices resulting in land-office business for office supply stores. I go to re-stock at least every three weeks. Office supply stores now advertise the black Sharpie as the FBI's preferred highlighter pen.

The White House Communications Office is reported working with social media to help shape news and counter disinformation. In a related story, it was announced that Twitter will now allow users to edit what they post. It gives MAGA Republicans one last chance to avoid going to Re-education Camp.

Buckingham Palace received messages of tribute to the Queen within hours of her death. George W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Senator Mitch McConnell were especially eloquent in their tributes to her reign. Joe Biden had one gaffe voicing his tribute to the Queen, but he did pronounce Latifah correctly.

Democrats were saddened by the Queen's death, but every vote counts this November.

Alec Baldwin blames shooting of his cinematographer on a faulty pistol. Yes, there was a loose nut behind the trigger.

President Biden today expressed his appreciation for the life and reign of Queen Elizabeth the 96th.

FBI again raids Mar a Lago for evidence that Trump colluded with Russia to murder Queen Elizabeth with a My Pillow.

Fentanyl is now the #3 cause of death behind cashless bail and early release.

Singles in LA can now pick each other up at bars with 3 words. I have electricity.

Queen Elizabeth has been dead for 12 days and she's still more exciting than President Biden

Democrats are rightly concerned. Scientists warn that humanity could run out of things to call racist in as little as 6 weeks

Kamala says border is secure then explains the Battle of the Alamo was merely a dispute between drywall contactors.

Joe was asked how he remembers Queen Elizabeth. He said his staff wrote her name on a notecard and he keeps it in his top pocket.

-- Argus Hamilton

Q: What’s the difference between California and the Titanic?

A: When Titanic sank it had its lights on.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Today's Toons 9/19/22
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 09:17:34 am »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 11:55:25 am »
Joe Biden and Dr. Jill we at a restaurant in England. The waiter asked Dr. Jill what she would like and she replied she would have the prawn cocktail for an appetizer and the Beef Wellington for her main course. The waiter then asked and the vegetable? Dr. Jill replied, he will have the same.

Thank you Pookie
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 03:09:28 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 03:10:53 pm »
Joe Biden and Dr. Jill we at a restaurant in England. The waiter asked Dr. Jill what she would like and she replied she would have the prawn cocktail for an appetizer and the Beef Wellington for her main course. The waiter then asked and the vegetable? Dr. Jill replied, he will have the same.

Thank you Pookie

My pleasure, Verga (& veggie)!

Offline Jimino

• God created all men equal. Sam Colt made them more equal!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 05:38:25 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!
Pray, hope and don't worry.
Santo Pio

Offline ricebug

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2022, 05:57:31 pm »
G'day, Pookie!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2022, 06:08:38 pm »
Whoohoo!  It's Monday with Pookie Toons and Argus Extras!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline pookie18

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2022, 06:09:39 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!

You're welcome, as always, Jimino!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2022, 06:10:01 pm »

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2022, 06:11:22 pm »
Whoohoo!  It's Monday with Pookie Toons and Argus Extras!

Helps making weekdays easier!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2022, 07:06:26 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline pookie18

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2022, 10:24:25 am »
Thanks, Pookie.

My pleasure, as ever, Polly Ticks!