Author Topic: Graham says he’s ‘confident’ Americans would support national abortion ban  (Read 1424 times)

Online Hoodat

Why doesn't he STFU until after the election... 9999hair out0000

Ditto.  Republicans working hard to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The leftover aftermath of fools united getting lord Biden rule and putting down Trump and America doing ever since.  Oh so right, you couldn't convince them otherwise.  Now listen to how given over to confusion, just like the Bible said they would be.  Worship-ping God Biden, Obama, bill and hill, and still oh so innocent utterly confused and clueless too!
Being a minon of Satan seems to confuse minions a lot!  Their fates foretold long ago!
Heading for their promised utopian land..............  Enjoy your due recompense!
 :reaper:  :smokin:  :reaper:

« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 12:39:04 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Graham throws another wrench into GOP’s abortion messaging
by Al Weaver - 09/20/22 6:56 PM ET

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) created new headaches for Republicans on Tuesday with his claim that abortion is “not a states’ rights issue,” keeping the debate in the headlines and undercutting the party’s messaging heading into November’s midterms. 

Graham, speaking to “Fox & Friends” on Tuesday morning, acknowledged his bill that would ban abortions after 15 weeks goes against typical GOP thinking on the issue. 

“This is not a states’ rights issue. This is a human right issue,” Graham said. “So, no matter what California or Maryland will do … I am going to advocate a national minimum standard.”

But the South Carolina Republican’s effort comes at a perilous time for the Senate GOP, which is attempting to retake control of the chamber after two years in the minority and is dealing with a barrage of ads on the issue from Democrats, who see it as a political winner. 

According to an analysis by The Associated Press, Democrats have spent roughly $124 million on ads centered on abortion — more than twice what the party has invested in any other issue. 

In addition, Democrats have spent 20 times what they did on the subject when they retook the House in 2018.   

Senate Republicans who spoke to The Hill on Tuesday were universally supportive of leaving abortion to states, with many quick to note that the status quo created by the Supreme Court with the Dobbs decision in June is highly unlikely to change anytime soon at the national level.

“It’s not, obviously, an issue right now that — as you look at the whole array of issues — that this campaign is going to be about,” said Sen. John Thune (S.D.), the No. 2 Senate Republican, noting that the GOP is focused on inflation, energy, immigration and crime. “But I think it’s an issue, one way or another, you’re going to respond to because Democrats are certainly going to make it an issue. 

“If you have the right response and a response that kind of fits the majority of where your constituents are, you can at least turn it into an even fight,” Thune added. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/3652777-graham-throws-another-wrench-into-gops-abortion-messaging/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Not in the case of sanctioning death.

:amen:

There are some hills we should be willing to die on, not killing innocent babies is one of them.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Setting his sexuality/preferences aside, he's getting dividends/cash from the arms sales/transfers contracts.

His pal John McCain got him to meet/greet the necessary people in Ukraine.  It's my contention that he made this horrific comment because he fears a Senate Majority which COULD...not "would" trigger an investigation into UKRAINE money laundering/ chemical weapons labs, etc..

That said, it's gotten that I can't stand the very sight of him.  That Watters' interview did it for me.

@DCPatriot

You are probably right,even though it pains me to admit this.

At one time I was a HUGE Lady Lindsey fan. Then he just strarted "coming apart".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Hoodat

If Graham wants to keep abortion legal in South Carolina, then he should lobby his legislature to do so.  But stay the hell out of Georgia.  Let us decide for ourselves what our law should dictate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-