Author Topic: Army tempers foreign badge crackdown, apologizes amid review  (Read 287 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army tempers foreign badge crackdown, apologizes amid review
« on: September 17, 2022, 01:34:04 pm »
Army tempers foreign badge crackdown, apologizes amid review
By Davis Winkie
 Sep 16, 01:36 PM

The Army is coordinating with the Luxembourg and Netherlands embassies to establish a path forward for two popular foreign awards, Human Resources Command officials told Army Times in a phone interview.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2022/09/16/army-tempers-foreign-badge-crackdown-apologizes-amid-review/

HRC was subject to backlash after an Aug. 30 awards regulation update that removed the Holland Four Day Event Cross (more commonly known as the Nijmegen cross) and Luxembourg’s International March of Diekirch Medal from the list of foreign awards and badges approved for U.S. soldiers to wear on their dress uniforms. Officials argued that the new virtual format of the two events (due to COVID-19) and award shipping fees meant accepting the awards for permanent wear would violate Army and Defense Department policy.

The change was announced via S1Net, a restricted-access official message board, where the discussion thread turned into a roaring debate over the policy change and its implications, which Army Times covered Sept. 1.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Army tempers foreign badge crackdown, apologizes amid review
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 01:35:29 pm »
It's being replaced by the pronoun usage badge. :whistle: 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 03:02:04 am »
It's being replaced by the pronoun usage badge. :whistle:

@rangerrebew

Good thing they don't have anything important,like training,to worry about,ain't it? </S>
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 10:51:13 am »
@sneakypete

[quote author 

Good thing they don't have anything important,like training,to worry about,ain't it? 
[/quote]
Training is so yesterday! :headbang:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 10:52:27 am by rangerrebew »
Thomas Jefferson