State Chapters > State Politics/Government

Gavin Newsom Challenges Ron DeSantis to a Debate on CNN

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
Gavin Newsom Challenges Ron DeSantis to a Debate on CNN

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 16 Sep 2022

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) on Friday challenged Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) to a debate after months of hurling attacks at Gov. DeSantis.

Newsom’s proposal for a debate is the latest move in a brewing feud between him and DeSantis.

After months of name-calling and running negative ads in Florida, Newsom asked the feds on Thursday to intervene and investigate DeSantis for “kidnapping” after DeSantis sent 50 illegal immigrants to Martha’s Vineyard, an elite vacation spot where former President Barack Obama owns a $15 million home.

“In particular, I urge US DOJ to investigate whether the alleged fraudulent inducement would support charges of kidnapping under relevant state laws, which could serve as a predicate offense for charges under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization (RICO) provisions of the Organized Crime Control Act of 1970,” Newsom wrote in a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland.

DeSantis commented Friday on Newsom’s letter to Garland, saying, “I think his hair gel is interfering with his brain function.”

“So the governor of California sent a letter to the Department of Justice saying, ‘You need to prosecute Texas and Florida governors.’ And all I can say is, I think his hair gel is interfering with his brain function,” DeSantis said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/09/16/gavin-newsom-challenges-ron-desantis-debate-cnn/

LMAO:
Does he really want to contrast his record with Desantis’s??

Wingnut:
Go pound sand in your vagina gavin.  Ron would be a fool to give you any lagitamcy to your run for lotus in 24.

Hoodat:
Looks like Gavin Newsom has a lot of free time on his hands.

mountaineer:
Clearly, Newsom has absolutely nothing to do with his time, while DeSantis is actually governing his own state.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version