Author Topic: Sarah Huckabee Sanders reveals surgery for thyroid cancer  (Read 260 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sarah Huckabee Sanders reveals surgery for thyroid cancer
« on: September 16, 2022, 11:03:56 pm »
 Sarah Huckabee Sanders reveals surgery for thyroid cancer
by Jared Gans - 09/16/22 4:29 PM ET

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a former White House press secretary and now the Republican nominee for governor of Arkansas, announced Friday that she had undergone surgery to remove her thyroid after being diagnosed with cancer.

Sanders said in a statement that her doctor ordered a biopsy on an “area of concern” earlier this month during a check-up, and the test revealed that she had thyroid cancer. She said the surgery was successful, and she is now cancer-free.

“I want to thank the Arkansas doctors and nurses for their world-class care, as well as my family and friends for their love, prayers, and support,” she said.

Sanders said she looks forward to returning to the campaign trail soon.

“This experience has been a reminder that whatever battle you may be facing, don’t lose heart,” she said. “As governor, I will never quit fighting for the people of our great state.”

John Sims, Sanders’s doctor, said in a statement that she is recovering from the surgery in which her thyroid gland and some surrounding lymph nodes in her neck were removed. He said the cancer was a Stage I papillary thyroid carcinoma, which is the most common type of thyroid cancer, and has an “excellent” prognosis.

“While she will need adjuvant treatment with radioactive iodine, as well as continued long term follow up, I think it’s fair to say she’s now cancer free, and I don’t anticipate any of this slowing her down,” Sims said.

Sanders served as White House press secretary for the Trump administration from 2017 to 2019. She is the daughter of former presidential candidate and Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R).

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3646869-sarah-huckabee-sanders-reveals-surgery-for-thyroid-cancer/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Sarah Huckabee Sanders reveals surgery for thyroid cancer
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 11:21:27 pm »
Democrats attacking her health as a campaign issue in five, four, three, two, . . .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

Re: Sarah Huckabee Sanders reveals surgery for thyroid cancer
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 12:29:39 am »
I hope she makes a full recovery and I think she will make an excellent governor.  I'd like to see her then run for POTUS in '24 (provided Trump doesn't run).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.