Author Topic: Canadian Tesla owner says automaker locked him out of his car until he pays $26,000 for new battery  (Read 274 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Canadian Tesla owner says automaker locked him out of his car until he pays $26,000 for new battery
Louis Casiano - Yesterday 5:48 PM

A Tesla owner in Canada said the battery on his $140,000 vehicle died and that the electric automaker told him a replacement would cost him $26,000 and has locked him out of the vehicle until he gets a new one.

FOX Business Flash top headlines for September 15

Mario Zelaya posted a video on TikTok saying his "piece of trash" car died and that the car is locked, preventing him from being able to get in. The caption on the video reads: "$26K for a new battery. Locked out of car. Recalls are needed."

He said he purchased the car in 2013 but said models from that year and 2014 has issues with fluid from the air conditioning system leaking onto the battery.

"I got Transport Canada involved, and they actually did an investigation on the car. Not only did they do an investigation on this car, they're gonna be doing one that Tesla doesn't realize is coming up."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/canadian-tesla-owner-says-automaker-locked-him-out-of-his-car-until-he-pays-26-000-for-new-battery/ar-AA11SQGb?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d7846cd049dd4edeb476fe890618a339
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Idiot

Canadian Tesla owner says automaker locked him out of his car until he pays $26,000 for new battery
Louis Casiano - Yesterday 5:48 PM

A Tesla owner in Canada said the battery on his $140,000 vehicle died and that the electric automaker told him a replacement would cost him $26,000 and has locked him out of the vehicle until he gets a new one.

FOX Business Flash top headlines for September 15

Mario Zelaya posted a video on TikTok saying his "piece of trash" car died and that the car is locked, preventing him from being able to get in. The caption on the video reads: "$26K for a new battery. Locked out of car. Recalls are needed."

He said he purchased the car in 2013 but said models from that year and 2014 has issues with fluid from the air conditioning system leaking onto the battery.

"I got Transport Canada involved, and they actually did an investigation on the car. Not only did they do an investigation on this car, they're gonna be doing one that Tesla doesn't realize is coming up."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/canadian-tesla-owner-says-automaker-locked-him-out-of-his-car-until-he-pays-26-000-for-new-battery/ar-AA11SQGb?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d7846cd049dd4edeb476fe890618a339
I'm trying to care......nope...not gonna happen.