Author Topic: Dem Officials: DOJ Must Investigate GOP Governors Sending Illegal Immigrants to Blue Enclaves  (Read 466 times)

Offline Kamaji

Dem Officials: DOJ Must Investigate GOP Governors Sending Illegal Immigrants to Blue Enclaves

Guy Benson
Sep 16, 2022

Fascinating.  I suspect Republicans will welcome this fight.  "Progressives" have been throwing tantrums as Texas Gov. Greg Abbott busses illegal immigrants to supposedly proud sanctuary cities in recent months, but this?  This goes too far.  A Republican governor they despise even more, Ron DeSantis, has now sent a few dozen unlawful migrants to Martha's Vineyard.  Is nothing sacred?  The resulting meltdown has been as incoherent as ever, but it's growing more shrill and indignant.  Vile!  Repulsive!  Inhumane!  But why, precisely, is it any of those things?  Because "political pawns," or something.  What they know for certain is that they're furious, and that Republicans are the villains. They just don't want anyone, including themselves, to think too hard about why.  Leftist officials from coast to coast have decided that the Department of Justice must intervene, for...well, they're not entirely sure, but reasons:

https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/status/1570494973241610240

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1570510989514379264

It's truly amazing to see Democrats -- who've been collectively silent on the historic, cruel, dangerous, unsustainable border crisis ever since they got agitated over the CBP 'whipping' smear -- deciding that moving illegal immigrants from place to place is dangerous, authoritarian fascism.  Or even "kidnapping," per Newsom's moronic letter.  It's clear the man want to be president, but is that the best 'own the cons' stunt he can manage here?  And did we miss a second page of his letter offering to resolve the problem by welcoming all of these migrants into the sanctuary state of California?  No?  Is Massachusetts interested, as Sen. Warren suggests?  The Biden administration has been doing this endlessly, including flights into non-sanctuary jurisdictions in the dead of night.  We've heard nothing about that from these people, just like we've heard nothing about the 'kids in cages' and other alleged moral abominations, now that there isn't a Republican administration against which to preen, earning Resistance approbation.

It's also truly amazing to see Democrats appealing to...sovereignty and the rule of law, particularly on this issue.  The irony is exquisite.  They're too consumed with seething flop sweat to realize it.  They support the policies that have caused this crisis.  They reject the policies that would significantly mitigate it.  Yet when a tiny fraction of the resulting consequences are visited upon them, they're enraged.  They are ridiculous, unserious people whose fake outrage over this situation is pure misdirection and deflection.  Spare me:

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2022/09/16/blue-state-officials-the-doj-must-investigate-these-gop-governors-sending-illegal-immigrants-our-way-n2613177

Online mountaineer

Misty watercolor memories ...
Breitbart
Joe Biden Accused of Secretly Flying Border Crossers to Pennsylvania on Christmas
John Binder
27 Dec 2021

President Joe Biden is being accused of flying border crossers to the state of Pennsylvania on secret flights throughout the last few weeks, including a flight on Christmas.

In a letter to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, Rep. Dan Meuser (R-PA) writes that Biden “has flown illegal immigrants to the Wilkes Barre-Scranton International Airport” without any notice to airport officials or a passenger manifest.  ...

Meuser is also asking the Biden administration to clarify how border crossers have been transported to the Pittston Township, Pennsylvania airport, whether they are tested for the Chinese coronavirus, if criminal background checks have been conducted, and if each border crosser is being tracked. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Governors have only been doing what the Admin has been doing since day one.

And the Dem cities in turn have been dropping them off in the suburbs without any warning.

Meanwhile, our GOP leadership (absent the Governors) have been silent.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

“… looking for guidance from the DOJ on what next steps might be.”

How about: follow the constitution and standing statutes?

Or, the DOJ could just make up a crime. They’re good at that.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Next up:
Kidnapping or human trafficking charges against DeSantis and/or Abbott.

DeSantis is the more likely target, as he's more of a threat to The Party.

Will FBI agents raid the Florida Capital, indict him, arrest him...?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Misty watercolor memories ...

That was the #1 Top 40 hit for the entire year of 1973.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

The two governors who did this scored a major hit that I don't think they were even expecting. The reaction from Democrats says a lot
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
“… looking for guidance from the DOJ on what next steps might be.”

How about: follow the constitution and standing statutes?

Or, the DOJ could just make up a crime. They’re good at that.
How about giving DHS a nudge to enforce our immigration laws or removing those obstructing that justice for nonfeasance?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis