Author Topic: Marine Corps Planning for Wars Where Robots Kill Each Other  (Read 253 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine Corps Planning for Wars Where Robots Kill Each Other
« on: September 16, 2022, 01:37:55 pm »
Marine Corps Planning for Wars Where Robots Kill Each Other

Konstantin Toropin

Thu, September 15, 2022 at 3:41 PMĀ·3 min read

Marine leaders are laying out a more detailed and concrete vision for the use of unmanned platforms and drones that includes things like robot-driven supply lines and robot combat in the wake of the huge maritime exercise in the Pacific.

Speaking to reporters from Defense One during a panel Thursday, Brig. Gen. Joseph Clearfield, the Corps' deputy commander for its Pacific forces, explained that leaders are "looking at ... a future where we're able to use robots in the lethal mission."

"I think we're looking at being able to use them for missions to hold them much more at risk and then use robots to destroy other robots," Clearfield said. "That is where our experimentation has taken us."

https://news.yahoo.com/marine-corps-planning-wars-where-194157725.html
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 01:38:43 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Re: Marine Corps Planning for Wars Where Robots Kill Each Other
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 01:47:27 pm »
I think we should just dig a big pit and whenever there is a conflict the leaders involved are dumped in the pit and whoever climbs out wins..

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Marine Corps Planning for Wars Where Robots Kill Each Other
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 01:56:13 pm »
Better than people.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion