Author Topic: Women yet to smash glass ceiling of elite Navy SEALs unit: Report  (Read 393 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Women yet to smash glass ceiling of elite Navy SEALs unit: Report
« on: September 16, 2022, 01:45:49 pm »
Women yet to smash glass ceiling of elite Navy SEALs unit: Report

A total of eight women have attempted to pass through the SEALs pipeline since it was opened up to females in 2015
By Michael Lee | Fox News

No woman has been able to break through the glass ceiling and earn the elusive title of Navy SEAL, with the two most recent candidates failing to successfully complete the grueling training process and earn their SEAL Trident.

"Although neither were selected for a contract, female service members and civilians have a rich history of service within NSW (Naval Special Warfare), and their diverse talents and capabilities will continue to evolve and professionalize the NSW force," a Navy spokesperson said, according to a Thursday Military.com report.

Two women were offered SEAL contracts, the first step in a long and challenging process to becoming a Navy SEAL, in 2019 and 2020, but both were forced to exit the training pipeline early, according to the report. The spokesperson would not tell Military.com which stage the female candidates were unable to pass, citing the "integrity of Naval Special Warfare Center courses and the privacy of its candidates."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/women-yet-smash-glass-ceiling-elite-navy-seals-unit
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 01:46:49 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Women yet to smash glass ceiling of elite Navy SEALs unit: Report
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 01:50:18 pm »
The rugged qualifications aren't in place to keep women out of the SEALS, but keep SEALS alive, though I suspect many people don't believe that. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 02:08:25 pm »
It’s not a glass ceiling thing, it’s a biology thing.

Large burly men make good firefighters and cops, but not good preschool teachers. Petite sensitive women make for good preschool teachers, but not good firefighters and cops.

Get over it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 02:17:25 pm »
Translation: No matter how tough they thought they were going in, none have qualified.

The SEAls aren't some social experiment.
What they do, even in training, is potentially deadly for each and every member of the team, and there can be no lifting of standards or it will be even more dangerous.

Mission success depends on everyone being able to do their part.
When a woman qualifies, she will be in, but not until.  Most men don't make it through BUD/S and qualify, either.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 02:26:32 pm »
The rugged qualifications aren't in place to keep women out of the SEALS, but keep SEALS alive, though I suspect many people don't believe that. :pondering:

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 02:54:03 am »
"We iz da wurld.......

We iz da peep-pulls......"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2022, 02:56:22 am »
If there really was a glass ceiling, trust me, the seals would have already broken it...