Author Topic: What Liberals Don’t Want to Admit About Influxes of Migrants  (Read 192 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What Liberals Don’t Want to Admit About Influxes of Migrants
« on: September 16, 2022, 11:12:59 am »
What Liberals Don’t Want to Admit About Influxes of Migrants
Matt Lewis - Yesterday 8:03 PM

When I first heard Republican governors were busing or flying migrants to liberal sanctuary cities, I was instantly opposed to it. To me, it felt like yet another cruel stunt meant to boost their standing with the GOP base.

But then, I started hearing about leaders from these liberal cities signing “disaster declarations,” complaining that the “horrific” influx was creating a “humanitarian situation,” and reports saying it “strained a social safety net.”

And then it hit me. While these stunts may be callow, there’s still a there there. Blue states are finally getting a taste of what red border states have to deal with every day.

Case in point: a total influx of around 7,000 migrants caused Washington, D.C.’s mayor to declare a public emergency and ask the National Guard for help. But that number doesn’t equal the number of migrants who are stopped crossing the southern border in a single day. Heck, according to El Paso Times, there were “more than 900 migrants released by U.S. Border Patrol in Downtown El Paso over the past week.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/what-liberals-don-t-want-to-admit-about-influxes-of-migrants/ar-AA11SYKd?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d7846cd049dd4edeb476fe890618a339
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson