Author Topic: Libs dumped with illegal immigrants discover the merits of Trump's 'safe third country' deals  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Libs dumped with illegal immigrants discover the merits of Trump's 'safe third country' deals
Opinion by Tiana Lowe - Yesterday 6:54 PM

At the start of Joe Biden's presidency, some of us here warned the White House not to scrap the numerous Trump administration deals that, unlike the former president's ephemeral dreams of the wall, actually succeeded in reducing encounters across the southern border by 88%.

Key among these were Donald Trump's "safe third country" deals brokered with Northern Triangle nations to require would-be refugees to apply for asylum in the first safe country they reach. For example, the deals that Trump secured with Central American neighbors required that, say, an ethnic Mayan fleeing Guatemalan genocide would have to apply for asylum in the first safe country — in this case, Mexico, not the United States — if heading north.

Instead, Biden ripped up all those safe third country deals, reversed Trump's "Remain in Mexico" policy, and began enacting the widespread catch-and-release of immigrants — including those ostensible asylum-seekers who didn't even obtain a court date before being released into the country. We all know how this story ended, with southern border crossings up 155% from Biden's inauguration, total crossings on pace to pass 2 million this year alone, and daily crossings ballooning to 8,000

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/libs-dumped-with-illegal-immigrants-discover-the-merits-of-trump-s-safe-third-country-deals/ar-AA11STJh?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d7846cd049dd4edeb476fe890618a339
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson