I believe so
9 (45%)
I think not
3 (15%)
Anything is possible in these times
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: October 15, 2022, 07:55:42 pm

Author Topic: Will Trump be Indicted prior to 2024?  (Read 2034 times)

Offline corbe

Will Trump be Indicted prior to 2024?
« on: September 15, 2022, 07:55:42 pm »
'I can't imagine I'd be indicted': Trump insists legal woes will not thwart 2024 bid

by Ryan King, Breaking News Reporter
September 15, 2022 01:41 PM

Legal dust-ups will not impede former President Donald Trump from embarking on a 2024 bid for the White House, he said Thursday.

Trump is confident that he will not get indicted despite mustering a deluge of inquiries from numerous prosecutors at the Justice Department as well as various state and local law enforcement offices.

"I can’t imagine being indicted. I’ve done nothing wrong. Look, if you look, you know it better than anybody," Trump told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt. "Everything was declassified."

Hewitt reminded Trump of the saying that "a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich if they want to" and then echoed Trump's sentiment that an indictment "would not take you out of the arena."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/trump-insists-legal-woes-not-thwart-2024-bid

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Will Trump be Indicted prior to 2024?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 07:56:04 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 08:00:20 pm »
I think his indictment is inevitable.  If he didn't think it possible, he wouldn't be 'warning of problems like we've never seen before'.

The leftists are going to do everything that they possibly can to stop him from running in '24.  It is unfortunate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 08:04:53 pm »
I'm pretty certain he'll be indicted - not because he's clearly done something wrong that warrants indictment, but because the DNC will see it as politically expedient.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 09:04:10 pm »
I'm pretty certain he'll be indicted - not because he's clearly done something wrong that warrants indictment, but because the DNC will see it as politically expedient.

Yeah. The interesting bit is whether they indict him this October or the next... As it indicates where the expedience lies, and which lies are expedient.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 09:07:11 pm »
Yeah. The interesting bit is whether they indict him this October or the next... As it indicates where the expedience lies, and which lies are expedient.

...hmm I think that they'll indict him this October.  That way if there's any mayhem they'll have an excuse to delay the election. I think that they know they're likely to lose the House .... '24 they still have some time.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 09:24:01 pm »

...hmm I think that they'll indict him this October.  That way if there's any mayhem they'll have an excuse to delay the election. I think that they know they're likely to lose the House .... '24 they still have some time.

Yeah... but then they lose their biggest hammer for '24, with plenty of time to get DeSantis (or another) on the rails and ready to go...

That is the conundrum - and I don't even know how to interpret it, either way...  :shrug:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 10:04:15 pm »
He will be indicted, but it won't hurt him politically at all.  In fact, it will probably help him because the voters will see it as politically motivated, and Trump will be seen as an even bigger anti-establishment crusader.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2022, 10:28:27 pm »
He will be indicted, but it won't hurt him politically at all.  In fact, it will probably help him because the voters will see it as politically motivated, and Trump will be seen as an even bigger anti-establishment crusader.

Provided that after it's all said and done, that's he's allowed to run for political office.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2022, 10:29:46 pm »
Provided that after it's all said and done, that's he's allowed to run for political office.

Why would he not be?  The Constitution sets out who can run for office - not Congress.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2022, 09:37:57 am »
Why would he not be?  The Constitution sets out who can run for office - not Congress.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2022, 05:47:12 pm »

You are correct; a candidate must be 35 years of age and a U.S. citizen.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2022, 02:29:46 am »
Of course. Other than having his whacked before election day,this is about the ONLY hope they have of beating him,and since Presidents getting whacked virtually guarantees they go into the history books as heroes and visionaries,they really have no choice other than to try to get in indicted.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2022, 05:32:08 pm »
They'll have to on some bogus bs charge.  , or most Americans will realize this was the ruse witch hunt  it was.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2022, 10:19:03 pm »
They'll have to on some bogus bs charge.  , or most Americans will realize this was the ruse witch hunt  it was.

@catfish1957

Most Dims and NONE of the RINO's will be complaining unless they fail to indict him,and he gets elected.

You DO know he is often rude to Dims and RINO's,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!