Author Topic: It's not compassion. It is a scam.  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It's not compassion. It is a scam.
« on: September 15, 2022, 05:28:23 pm »
It's not compassion. It is a scam.
DAVID STROM 9:20 PM on September 14, 2022

“Homelessness in New York City has reached the highest levels since the Great Depression of the 1930s,” the Coalition for the Homeless reports.

After decades of failure, New York City homelessness keeps getting worse. The only people who appear to be benefiting are the ones who make a pretty penny “serving” the homeless. The homeless–an ever expanding group in our major cities–are still sleeping rough and dying of overdoses.

New York City’s homeless population has surged in recent years to 80,000 people, according to The Bowery Mission, a 150-year-old agency serving the hungry and homeless, citing federal data.

This despite the fact that NYC spends about $43,750 per year per homeless person — 50% more than it spends on each schoolchild. That adds up to billions of dollars in spending with nothing but disastrous results to show for it. At least that is less than San Francisco, which spends an astonishing $106,500 per homeless person.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2022/09/14/its-not-compassion-it-is-a-scam-n496580
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson