Author Topic: Pentagon to pour $1.2 billion into ‘critical’ biomanufacturing industry  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GLOBAL, PENTAGON
Pentagon to pour $1.2 billion into ‘critical’ biomanufacturing industry

A month after a think tank said US was losing race to China, DoD hopes the tech will help fix a number of problems, including avoiding supply chain woes.
By   LEE FERRAN
on September 14, 2022 at 1:15 PM

BARCELONA — The Pentagon today announced $1.2 billion in new investments into biomanufacturing, which it hopes will help lessen the impact of supply chain squeezes and “enhance” everything from hypersonic weapons to submarines.

“The Department recognizes biotechnology as a Critical Technology Area that will change the way the DoD develops new capabilities, conducts missions, and adapts to major global changes,” Heidi Shyu, undersecretary of defense for research and engineering, said in a Defense Department release.

Of the funding, $1 billion will be invested in the next five years into “bioindustrial domestic manufacturing infrastructure” to speed the growth of that industrial base, including through providing incentives for “private- and public-sector partners to expand manufacturing capacity […].” The remaining $200 million will help protect that initial investment by improving “biosecurity and cybersecurity postures at these facilities.”

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/09/pentagon-to-pour-1-2-billion-into-critical-biomanufacturing-industry/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 01:57:25 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Pentagon to pour $1.2 billion into ‘critical’ biomanufacturing industry
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 02:03:08 pm »
This article makes no sense what so ever....

Supply chain?, Bio-industrial?, Cyber-security?

Someone give the author or the DOD a dartboard to justify wasting tax dollars?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.