Author Topic: How the military’s new medical screening is screwing over Army recruiters  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

How the military’s new medical screening is screwing over Army recruiters
Haley Britzky - Yesterday 10:30 AM

As the Army struggles to get young people in uniform, the very people charged with doing that say one of their biggest challenges is coming from the Defense Department itself.

This year, the Pentagon officially launched Military Health System (MHS) Genesis, a new electronic health record system for the military that is the result of years of pilot programs, testing, and congressional mandates. Col. Megan Stallings, commander of U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command (USMEPCOM), called it a “leap in medical modernization” that is “revolutionizing our medical processing.” It was introduced not only at Military Entrance Processing Stations (MEPS), but across the military health system to streamline care for service members, dependents, and veterans.

The idea was that with MHS Genesis, MEPS would be able to see all of a new recruit’s health records in one place — every broken bone and prescribed medication — to help quicken the process. It was meant to make things easier. But as is sometimes the case with processes and systems in the military meant to help, it didn’t.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/how-the-military-s-new-medical-screening-is-screwing-over-army-recruiters/ar-AA11S1qg?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d7846cd049dd4edeb476fe890618a339
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 10:37:42 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson