Author Topic: Dream Chaser Spaceplane Could Transport US Military Troops to Space  (Read 245 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dream Chaser Spaceplane Could Transport US Military Troops to Space
Clare Fitzgerald - Yesterday 4:00 PM

The US military may soon be in possession of a new spacecraft capable of transporting troops to space and low Earth orbit within just three hours, following the signing of a research and development contract between the US Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) and Sierra Space, the company behind the Dream Chaser spaceplane.

The deal, which was announced on September 8, 2022, allows for Sierra Space and USTRANSCOM to develop and investigate industry capabilities for immediately employment. Using the Dream Chaser spaceplane, the aim is to move troops and supplies anywhere in the world in just a fraction of the time it would take traditional transportation.

Speaking about the contract, Sierra Space CEO Tom Vice said, "Today's agreement with the United States Transportation Command gives Sierra Space the unique opportunity to provide hypersonic point-to-point solutions to our government customers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/dream-chaser-spaceplane-could-transport-us-military-troops-to-space/ar-AA11Q0WX?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=403a85c309cf48a4b1044d23c87a9daf
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Dream Chaser Spaceplane Could Transport US Military Troops to Space
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 10:49:01 am »
Wow!  The government could get troops so quickly to sanctuary cities who don't want immigrants. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson