Author Topic: WH: Biden Phoning Unions and Rail Companies in Attempt to Avert a Crippling Freight Rail Strike  (Read 365 times)

Offline libertybele

WH: Biden Phoning Unions and Rail Companies in Attempt to Avert a Crippling Freight Rail Strike

A looming freight rail strike has the Biden administration -- including the pro-union President Biden -- scrambling to bring the two sides together before the Friday strike deadline. Press reports said union representatives and company executives are coming to Washington today for talks with Labor Secretary Marty Walsh.

"Look, the President has been involved in this and the Cabinet secretaries have been involved since the early days of -- of -- of this effort," White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters on Tuesday.A looming freight rail strike has the Biden administration -- including the pro-union President Biden -- scrambling to bring the two sides together before the Friday strike deadline. Press reports said union representatives and company executives are coming to Washington today for talks with Labor Secretary Marty Walsh.

"Look, the President has been involved in this and the Cabinet secretaries have been involved since the early days of -- of -- of this effort," White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters on Tuesday..........

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/susan-jones/wh-biden-phoning-unions-and-rail-companies-attempt-avert-crippling
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I have full faith and confidence that butgig and the WH will screw this up...

If the RR's go on strike, life as we know it is about to get a whole lot worse.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe a rail strike under your watch is no way to make the trains run on time.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

Well played, sir.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well played, sir.

I agree with Brother @Hoodat . Well done, Mr. Nut!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Under the procedures of The Railway Labor Act, at this stage of the proceedings the president no longer has any power (except as mentioned in the next paragraph). He used the power that he does have earlier, when he ordered a "cooling off" period and the establishment of a Presidential Emergency Board to hear both sides and make recommendations.

Now, it's up to the Congress. If there's a strike, they can either pass legislation ordering the unions back to work (which I believe the president must sign), or even impose a settlement (I believe this is done via legislation, again the president must sign).

So it's up to the Congress now.
For the leftists to force the rail unions back to work... not going to look so good with elections so close.

But once you get out of the urban areas, a surprisingly high number of unionized rail employees are of "the deplorable class", if you get my meaning...