Author Topic: Lights Out On The Eiffel Tower: Europe’s Latest Energy Saving Scheme  (Read 385 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lights Out On The Eiffel Tower: Europe’s Latest Energy Saving Scheme
By Charles Kennedy - Sep 14, 2022, 1:40 AM CDT

The European energy shortage has forced authorities across the continent to take extreme measures to reduce and encourage the reduction of energy consumption.

The Mayor of Paris has said that the Eiffel Tower will be turned off several hours earlier than usual in a bid to save energy, with the move reducing the tower's energy consumption by 4%.

Across Europe, authorities are turning off lights in public buildings, reducing temperatures at swimming pools, and encouraging residents to take shorter showers.

Lights at the Eiffel Tower will be turned off several hours earlier than usual in a bid to save energy, the Mayor of Paris has said, as the capital city joins a nationwide effort to reduce electricity consumption by a tenth.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Lights-Out-On-The-Eiffel-Tower-Europes-Latest-Energy-Saving-Scheme.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Lights Out On The Eiffel Tower: Europe’s Latest Energy Saving Scheme
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 11:56:39 pm »
Racing to be "green" at the speed of light darkness...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 11:58:08 pm »
With the flip of a switch, Paris becomes the "City of Dark".

We are truly entering a new Dark Age.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 12:02:09 am »
Reducing energy by a tenth, hardly seems like it will make a dent. What's going to happen this winter with Europe??  For that matter what's going to happen to the U.S. this winter???
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 12:03:50 am »
So you flip the switch on one of your top tourist ambience centers.

Yeah, that's smart.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 12:04:51 am »
Reducing energy by a tenth, hardly seems like it will make a dent. What's going to happen this winter with Europe??  For that matter what's going to happen to the U.S. this winter???

$1000/month electric bills are going to be commonplace soon.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 01:01:35 am »
I wonder how this will affect tourism
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️