Author Topic: Larry Kudlow: The highest inflation in 40 years is deeply embedded in the economy and spreading  (Read 331 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
September 13, 2022 5:26pm EDT
Larry Kudlow: The highest inflation in 40 years is deeply embedded in the economy and spreading
Larry Kudlow reacts to the CPI inflation report

By Larry Kudlow FOXBusiness

Today's CPI inflation report shocked Wall Street and the nation with a significantly higher than expected print. Pollyannas everywhere are painfully learning that there's no magic cure. There's no easy way out.

After several years of excessive federal spending, regulating, taxing and money-printing, the highest inflation in 40 years is deeply embedded in the economy and it is spreading. The only significant decline came with gasoline prices.

Overall, the topline CPI came in at 8.3% for the year — food up 11.4%, even energy is still up 24%. Electricity is up 16%; natural gas 33%; new cars 10%. Even with the recent drop, gasoline is still 26% above a year ago. Rent is up 6.5%. Overall, services are up nearly 7%. Core goods prices are up 7%. Used cars are up nearly 8%. The so-called core inflation rate, omitting food and energy, has risen 6.5% annually over just the past three months.

In terms of broader measures, the Cleveland Fed's median CPI increased to 6.7% year-on-year and the 16% trimmed mean, which chops off the highest and lowest 8% of outlier prices, is up 7.2%. The Atlanta Fed's wage tracker is up 6.7%, but real wages had their 17th-straight negative month. In other words, middle-class working folks are getting clobbered, absolutely clobbered. They're working more but buying less.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/larry-kudlow-highest-inflation-40-years-deeply-embedded-economy-spreading
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

And the President celebrates
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And the President celebrates
But of course Brandon is celebrating his success 9999hair out0000

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Raising rates to reduce demand does nothing to fix the monopolies, dualopolies, oligarchies, cartels, collusion, lack of free competition, and Government over-regulation which are preventing supply growth and improved supply efficiencies.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright