Author Topic: Pro-Defund the Police Politicians Stump with Democrat John Fetterman in Philadelphia  (Read 197 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pro-Defund the Police Politicians Stump with Democrat John Fetterman in Philadelphia

Nick Gilbertson 13 Sep 2022

Three city council members from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, who have voiced support for the defunding police, stumped with the state’s Democrat nominee for U.S. Senate, John Fetterman, on Monday.

In a tweet, Fetterman said he “stopped by some of the shops on 52nd St in West Philly today with” Councilmembers Jamie Gauthier, Kendra Brooks, and Isaiah Thomas. He called them “outstanding Councilmembers who are with me in my fight to turn out every vote here in Philly.”

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1569413148905508865

Fox News’s Kyle Morris was the first to report that all three Philadelphia politicians have “expressed support for efforts to defund police departments.”

Months after the death of George Floyd in May of 2020, which led to a summer of riots and calls to “Defund the Police” from the radical left, Gauthier, a Democrat, told Philadephia Magazine that she supports “the movement to defund the police” and dubbed policing in general as a “racist institution.”

“I do support the movement to defund the police and reimagine what that looks like,” she said but submitted that she did “see a need for police in our society.”

“Although I like the vision — one day having no need for police — it would take a long time for us to get there,” she added. “I don’t want to minimize where [the call for abolition] comes from — it comes from the fact that police are a racist institution.”

After Floyd’s death, Brooks authored an opinion piece in the Philadephia Inquirer in June 2020, where she wrote that “uprisings have made it very clear” and “the people have clear demands: Defund the police and invest in black communities.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/09/13/pro-defund-the-police-politicians-stump-with-fetterman-in-philadelphia/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

I don't live in PA, but I pray that this libtard doesn't get elected.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.