Author Topic: Biden Cheers New Inflation Numbers as 'Progress'  (Read 2140 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Cheers New Inflation Numbers as 'Progress'
« on: September 13, 2022, 03:13:24 pm »
Biden Cheers New Inflation Numbers as 'Progress'
Katie Pavlich

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 11:00 AM

President Joe Biden is attempting to spin new and horrendous inflation numbers as "progress."

"Today’s data show more progress in bringing global inflation down in the US economy.  Overall, prices have been essentially flat in our country these last two months: that is welcome news for American families, with more work still to do," Biden released in a statement Tuesday morning. "Gas prices are down an average of $1.30 a gallon since the beginning of the summer.  This month, we saw some price increases slow from the month before at the grocery store.  And real wages went up again for a second month in a row, giving hard-working families a little breathing room."

"It will take more time and resolve to bring inflation down, which is why we passed the Inflation Reduction Act to lower the cost of healthcare, prescription drugs and energy. And my economic plan is showing that, as we bring prices down, we are creating good paying jobs and bringing manufacturing back to America," he continued.

But what Biden says is insulting and untrue as grocery prices are up by 13 percent, along with all essential goods.

Wow. Keep an eye on skyrocketing food costs.

"The food index increased 11.4% over the last year, the largest 12-month increase since the period ending May 1979."
    — Heather Long (@byHeatherLong) September 13, 2022

Inflation this past year of 8.3% stuck near a 40-yr high.
    ??Gas +25.6%
    ???Furniture +12.8%
    ??Airfare +33.3%
    ??Eggs +39.8%
    ??Chicken +16.6%
    ??Milk +17.0%
    ??Coffee +17.6%
    ??Lunchmeat 18.2%
    ??Flour +23.3%
    ??Oranges +14.4%
    ??Margarine +38.3%
    ??Rice +13.0%
    ??Bread +16.2%
    ??Soup +18.2%
    — Joel Griffith (@joelgriffith) September 13, 2022

Gas prices are down, but here's why Americans are still feeling the sting of inflation:

Food at home up 13.5% in past year - largest since 1979
    Rent is up 6.7% in past year - largest since 1986
    Electricity up 15.8% - largest since 1981
    Health insurance 24.3% - largest ever inc
    — Heather Long (@byHeatherLong) September 13, 2022

Overall, the numbers came in hotter than expected and wage growth is negative. On average, gas prices when Biden took office were $2.39 per gallon. The "Inflation Reduction Act" doesn't reduce prices for American families, it makes them worse. Democrat Senator Joe Manchin admitted this fact after helping Biden and Majority Leader Chuck Schumer push it through.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2022/09/13/white-house-spins-horrendous-inflation-numbers-as-progress-n2613005
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 03:15:27 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Biden Cheers New Inflation Numbers as 'Progress'
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 03:31:46 pm »
Progress!

I feel like singing.  “Happy days are here again, the skies above are clear again!”

What, don’t feel like singing? Come on now, progress!  **nononono*

Online rustynail

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 03:35:55 pm »
Progress!

I feel like singing.  “Happy days are here again, the skies above are clear again!”

What, don’t feel like singing? Come on now, progress!  **nononono*

USA!  USA!  USA!

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 03:59:38 pm »
This is not only tone deaf but very insulting. He would be better off just saying that “we understand inflation is a problem but we’re trying fix it” than celebrating this number

Wait till this fall and winter
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 04:01:02 pm »
At least more people are working second jobs now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 04:06:06 pm »
Reminds of some of the garbage we heard from Carter in about 1977-1978.  Things are getting better, when they actually were just getting less shitty.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 04:26:08 pm »
...and the Army told it's soldiers to apply for food stamps.... :crying:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online rustynail

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 04:34:37 pm »
Build

Inflation

Destroy

Entire

Nation

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 04:39:06 pm »
Build

Inflation

Destroy

Entire

Nation

Let me be the first..

:thumbsup:

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2022, 04:39:25 pm »
Well, at least he's not channeling Nixon and trumpeting his policies as having reduced the rate of increase in inflation.  (Economists rightly mocked Nixon for that, noting that it was the first time in history that a political candidate had invoked the sign of a third derivative (the rate of change in the rate of change in the rate of change in prices) as a justification for reelection.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online LMAO

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2022, 04:49:11 pm »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2022, 04:54:44 pm »
Brandon is going to give a speech bragging about these new numbers...
Support the USO

Online LMAO

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 04:58:13 pm »
Brandon is going to give a speech bragging about these new numbers...

You would like to think that there’s someone advising him from going out there and bragging about this but this is the same president that gave that God-awful speech not that terribly Long ago calling nearly half the country that disagree with his policies a threat to democracy

Barry Goldwater

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 05:24:58 pm »
Inflation Rises After Joe Biden Signs ‘Inflation Reduction Act’ and Prepares White House Celebration

Charlie Spiering 13 Sep 2022

The White House is planning a celebration of President Joe Biden’s “Inflation Reduction Act” on Tuesday, even as consumer prices rose again in August, according to the latest numbers from the federal government.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Consumer Price Index released Tuesday morning shows that inflation in August rose one-tenth of a percentage point from July and up 8.3 percent from the previous year.

Grocery prices continue rising fast, as prices rose 0.7 percent from July and 13.5 percent from the previous year. Restaurant prices are up 0.9 percent from July

The “Inflation Reduction Act” spends billions of dollars subsidizing green energy projects, subsidies for electric cars, and propping up government-subsidized health care.
But the cost of health insurance and energy keeps rising.

https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/status/1568697161365291009

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/09/13/inflation-rises-after-joe-biden-signs-inflation-reduction-act-and-prepares-white-house-celebration/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 05:26:41 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2022, 06:15:09 pm »
 Biden Adds Insult to Injury by Lying About Inflation and Celebrating Making It Worse
Nick Arama

We saw the bad news about the rise in August in the CPI. That isn’t going to help the narrative that Joe Biden and the Democrats have been trying to sell that things are getting better. Stocks took a predictable tumble as a result.

But Joe Biden who has been lying about inflation since last year is still at it, even in the face of that inflation news. He couldn’t even make it past the first sentence without lying.

“Today’s data show more progress in bringing global inflation down in the US economy. Overall, prices have been essentially flat in our country these last two months: that is welcome news for American families, with more work still to do,” Biden released in a statement Tuesday morning. “Gas prices are down an average of $1.30 a gallon since the beginning of the summer. This month, we saw some price increases slow from the month before at the grocery store. And real wages went up again for a second month in a row, giving hard-working families a little breathing room.”

“It will take more time and resolve to bring inflation down, which is why we passed the Inflation Reduction Act to lower the cost of healthcare, prescription drugs and energy. And my economic plan is showing that, as we bring prices down, we are creating good paying jobs and bringing manufacturing back to America,” he continued.

This statement is just straight-up false. Prices are up and real wages continue to be down.

https://twitter.com/em__vaughn/status/1569682787589935107

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/09/13/biden-adds-insult-to-injury-by-lying-about-inflation-and-celebrating-making-it-worse-n626749
Support the USO

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2022, 06:19:19 pm »
[Verse 1]
Lie, lie, lie, liar, you lie, lie, lie, lie
Tell me why tell me why
Why'd you have to lie
Should've realised that
Should've told the truth
Should've realised
You know what I'll do

[Chorus]
You're in suspension
You're a liar
[Verse 2]
Now I want to know know know know
I want to know why you never
Look me in the face
Broke a confidence just to please
Your ego should've realised
You know what I know

[Chorus]
You're in suspension
You're a liar

[Verse 3]
I know where you go everybody you know
I know everything that you do or say
So when you tell lies
I'll always be in your way
I'm nobody's fool and I know all
'Cause I know what I know

[Chorus]
You're in suspension
You're a liar
You're a liar
You're a liar
[Verse 4]
Lie, lie, lie, lie, liar, you lie, lie, lie, lie
I think you're funny, you're funny, haha
I don't need it don't need your blah, blah
Should've realised I know what you are

[Chorus]
You're in suspension
You're a liar
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2022, 06:38:43 pm »
Well.....

Wall Street has reacted to Pedo Joe's great victory over inflation by shaving off a 1000 points off the DOW as we speak.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2022, 07:22:49 pm »
Tom Cotton
@TomCottonAR
·
1h
Biden hosting a "mission accomplished" celebration the same day data shows a massive spike in inflation is a perfect summation of his presidency.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2022, 07:43:37 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2022, 07:50:43 pm »
The price of food at home jumped 0.7 percent compared with the previous month. Over the past 12 months, grocery prices have gone up 13.5 percent.

Some of the biggest increases in food include:

Ham up 2.5 percent from July and 9.2 percent compared with a year ago.
    Frankfurters (hot dogs) up 5.3 percent from July and 18.3 percent compared with a year ago.
    Eggs up 2.9 percent from July and 39.8 percent compared with a year ago.
    Bread up 2.2 percent from July and 16.2 percent compared with a year ago.
    Doughnuts up 2.0 percent from July and 14.1 percent compared with a year ago.
    Pickles up 4.0 percent from July and 19.4 percent compared with a year ago.
    Margarine up 7.3 percent from July and 38.3 percent compared with a year ago.
    Butter up 2.7 percent from July and 24.6 percent compared with a year ago.
    Sugar up 1.8 percent from July and 15.9 percent compared with a year ago.
    Potatoes up 3.1 percent from July and 15.2 percent compared with a year ago.
    Lettuce up 10.7 percent from July and 0.8 percent compared with a year ago.

According to Breitbart News’s John Carney, the median Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose 0.7 percent compared with the prior month. It accelerated from June’s 0.5 percent increase. The median CPI reflects only measures in the center of CPI’s price changes.

“The unrounded figure of 0.73789 percent is the highest on record, slightly above the previous record of 0.73078 percent set in June,” Carney wrote. “This is equivalent to an annual rate of inflation of 9.2 percent. That is the highest on record.”

The median CPI is 6.7 percent, the biggest 12-month rise since 1983, when the metric began to be recorded 39 years ago.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/09/13/grocery-store-inflation-rages-eggs-bread-lettuce-sugar-pickles-doughnut-prices-still-soaring/
Support the USO

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2022, 07:54:12 pm »
At least more people are working second jobs now.

"What you mean only two jobs?  You lazy lima bean!"