Author Topic: Liz Cheney: Trump’s Refusal to Concede Defeat Put U.S. in Dangerous ‘No Man’s Land’  (Read 412 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney: Trump’s Refusal to Concede Defeat Put U.S. in Dangerous ‘No Man’s Land’

Pam Key 12 Sep 2022

Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY) said Monday on CNN’s “The Lead” that Donald Trump’s refusal to concede his defeat in the 2020 presidential election put the nation in a dangerous “no man’s land.”

CNN anchor Jake Tapper asked about New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman’s new book claiming that Trump planned to stay at the White House after the election.

Cheney said, “I obviously haven’t seen her book, but sometimes people will say, ‘Well, you know, what happened wasn’t that big a deal because if Mike Pence had rejected a slate of electors, the Supreme Court would have sorted it out. There are a lot of ways people sort of say this wasn’t as dangerous as it really was. And when you hear something like that, I think you have to recognize that we were in no man’s land and territory we’ve never been in before as a nation.”

She added, “When you think about, well, the Supreme Court would have sorted it out, you have to ask yourself, but who would have enforced the rulings of the court? And if you have a president who’s refusing to leave the White House or who’s saying he refuses to leave the White House, then anyone who sort of stands aside and says someone else will handle it is themselves putting the nation at risk. It is clear that when you were at the moment that we faced, everyone had to stand up and take responsibility. And I think that’s not surprising that those are the sentiments that he reportedly expressed. I think, again, it just affirms the reality of the danger.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/09/12/liz-cheney-trumps-refusal-to-concede-defeat-put-u-s-in-dangerous-no-mans-land/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

You mean she still trying to stay relevant?

Does she have this same feeling when it comes to Hillary or Stacey Abrams?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You mean she still trying to stay relevant?

Does she have this same feeling when it comes to Hillary or Stacey Abrams?

It was nice not hearing from her for a couple of weeks...but she's back!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

She got a job at MSNBC yet?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sorry, Liz, but conceding defeat when it isn't over yet is just not the American way.

"Did we just roll over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? "
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis