Author Topic: New Orleans Mayor: I Spent $30k On Tickets Because Flights To Switzerland Are Unsafe For Black Women  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Kamaji

New Orleans Mayor: I Spent $30k On Tickets Because Flights To Switzerland Are Unsafe For Black Women

New Orleans Democrat Mayor LaToya Cantrell says she was forced to purchase nearly $30,000 in first-class plane tickets because racism.

BY: TRISTAN JUSTICE
SEPTEMBER 12, 2022

New Orleans Democrat Mayor LaToya Cantrell says racism forced her to charge local taxpayers nearly $30,000 for her first-class plane tickets to Europe.

At a press conference on Thursday last week, the two-term mayor was confronted over her extravagant travel in violation of municipal policy mandating city employees book “the lowest available airfare.”

“Employees who choose an upgrade from coach, economy, or business class flights are solely responsible for the difference in cost,” reads the city travel policy.

Cantrell, however, was defiant against charges of financial misconduct. She said she will not reimburse city taxpayers for her first-class upgrades to France and Switzerland.

“All expenses incurred doing business on behalf of the city of New Orleans, will not be reimbursed to the city of New Orleans,” Cantrell said. “One thing is clear: I do my job, and I will continue to it with do it with distinction, with dignity and integrity every step of the way. And so, that’s what I have to say on that.”

Cantrell said the purchase of first-class tickets while staff flew in economy was justified because planes are unsafe for black women.

“As all women know, our health and safety are often disregarded and we are left to navigate alone,” Cantrell added. “Anyone who wants to question how I protect myself just doesn’t understand the world black women walk in.”

According to The Daily Mail, “Cantrell spent around $10,000 on her own flat bed seat and blew a similar amount on a first-class return to France earlier this year – while her aides traveled in coach.”

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/09/12/new-orleans-mayor-i-spent-30k-on-tickets-because-flights-to-switzerland-are-unsafe-for-black-women/

Offline Kamaji

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

Cantrell said the purchase of first-class tickets while staff flew in economy was justified because planes are unsafe for black women.

“As all women know, our health and safety are often disregarded and we are left to navigate alone,” Cantrell added. “Anyone who wants to question how I protect myself just doesn’t understand the world black women walk in.”

I take it that there are no black women on her staff?

According to The Daily Mail, “Cantrell spent around $10,000 on her own flat bed seat and blew a similar amount on a first-class return to France earlier this year – while her aides traveled in coach.”

Dayum!  I had automatically assumed international business class (which is equivalent to first class in the US).  But it looks like she flew international first class which is obscene.

Just looking at ATL-CDG on Delta:

Coach - $3500
International Business Class - $5000
International First Class - $12,000
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
New Orleans Mayor, I spent 30k on tickets because, kiss my ass, I'm Black what ya gonna do racist!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Living Large, on YOUR dime, sucka!

OPM!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gateway Pundit By Cristina Laila 9/18/2022

New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell Says $30,000 in Taxpayer-Funded First Class Flights to Europe Was For Her Safety as a Black Woman

New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell is under fire for spending more than $30,000 of taxpayer money to fly first class to Europe.

Meanwhile violent crime is surging in New Orleans.

Cantrell argued the first class flights were for her safety as a black woman and to protect her from Covid.

In a press conference last week, Mayor Cantrell said, “my travel accommodations are a matter of safety, not of luxury…. I need to be safe as I do business on behalf of the city of New Orleans.”

Cantrell’s security guards traveled to Europe in coach.

Cantrell also defended paying $776.78 for one night at the Pullman Hotel – a luxury hotel in Paris overlooking the Eiffel Tower.

The Democrat mayor also remained defiant and said she will not be reimbursing the thousands of dollars to the city for her travel upgrades.

Mayor Cantrell’s politically costly sister city trips to the European cities of Ascona, Switzerland, and Juan Antibes-les-Pins on the French Riviera this past summer have also pushed some New Orleanians to support a recall. Her travels have cost the City of New Orleans close to $45,000, including first-class international airfare with lie-flat seating.

City of New Orleans official travel policy requires all employees to personally pay any difference in cost for work-related airfare upgrades, stating “employees are required to purchase the lowest airfare available… employees who choose an upgrade from coach, economy, or business class flights are solely responsible for the difference in cost.”

A petition to recall LaToya Cantrell is currently gaining traction.

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/09/new-orleans-mayor-latoya-cantrell-says-30000-taxpayer-funded-first-class-flights-europe-safety-black-woman/

Online mountaineer

So typical of a corrupt entitled politician.  **nononono*
Funny how the sister cities of NO are luxury resort towns, and not rundown crime-ridden urban areas like NO itself.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 HEY!

Cut her some slack!

If her ancestors hadn't been dragged here as slaves after being sold by their fellow black slave trader heroes to white villain, ebil bastids, dey kood be on dobts she wood beeze a Nubian Queen in Holy Mother Africa!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

All passengers on a commercial flight are thoroughly groped, ex-rayed and fondled by the TSA to guarantee safety of all passengers so what precisely is she afraid of???

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
All passengers on a commercial flight are thoroughly groped, ex-rayed and fondled by the TSA to guarantee safety of all passengers so what precisely is she afraid of???

@EdinVA

I think she is afraid of that NOT happening to her.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mod5

Topics merged.