Author Topic: Weekly Climate and Energy#519 New Round Up  (Read 167 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Weekly Climate and Energy#519 New Round Up
« on: September 12, 2022, 03:00:59 pm »

Weekly Climate and Energy#519 New Round
5 hours ago Guest Blogger 4 Comments
The Week That Was: 2022-09-10 (September 10, 2022)
Brought to You by SEPP (www.SEPP.org)
The Science and Environmental Policy Project
Quote of the Week: The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin. Thomas Huxley [H/t Jim Steele]

Number of the Week: 26,694 & 7,821 Megawatts

THIS WEEK:

By Ken Haapala, President, Science and Environmental Policy Project (SEPP)

Scope: In climate studies, personal attacks on those who demonstrate deficiencies in the work of the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and its followers are all too common. As discussed below, a video of astrophysicist Willie Soon addressing some of these false accusations is now available.

Asian monsoon seasons frequently bring periods of drought or flooding. Past droughts have resulted in periods of severe famine, the likes of which are no longer occurring thanks to modern agriculture and carbon dioxide fertilization that have greatly increased crop yield. Jim Steele gives a clear presentation of the complex weather patterns that result in Asian floods and droughts.

The politically imposed energy transition from fossil fuels to wind and solar is a political delusion which is causing severe hardships to the less fortunate. The energy shock of this political delusion was made more severe by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the response to it. Mark Mills of the Manhattan Institute addresses this problem and the possible role of North America if politicians permit it.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/09/12/weekly-climate-and-energy-new-roundup-519/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson