Author Topic: Florida National Guard could help at short-staffed prisons  (Read 229 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Florida National Guard could help at short-staffed prisons
« on: September 12, 2022, 11:45:56 am »
 September 4, 2022   

Florida News: (FL) — Florida National Guard could help at short-staffed prisons data analyzed by the FloridaGoodFriday. I have presented my detailed opinions about Florida National Guard could help at short-staffed prisons below.

(CBS MIAMI)

As the state continues to struggle with a shortage of prison officers, next week a legislative committee will consider a plan that would activate members of the Florida National Guard to help in prisons, according to a document released Friday.

The Joint Legislative Budget Commission is scheduled for September 9 to accept a proposal to free up $ 31.25 million which, at least in part, would be used to cover activation costs for members of the National Guard.

“The Florida Department of Corrections is currently experiencing a shortage of correctional officer staff resulting in extensive overtime for prison officers,” the proposal said.

https://floridagoodfriday.com/florida-national-guard-could-help-at-short-staffed-prisons/#:~:text=Florida%20National%20Guard%20could%20help%20at%20short-staffed%20prisons,in%20prisons%2C%20according%20to%20a%20document%20released%20Friday.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Florida National Guard could help at short-staffed prisons
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 11:47:46 am »
School bus drivers, prison guards, fighting fires, when do these poor people get a chance to study CRT or learn about pronouns? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Re: Florida National Guard could help at short-staffed prisons
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 12:34:52 pm »
So the $31+ million cannot be used to hire staff so we are going to rip a couple of thousand folks out of their jobs leaving their companies understaffed?
How about getting some homeless vets a job or go thru the welfare rolls and give some folks a choice stand up or go hungry?