Author Topic: As global threats grow, concerns mount that Pentagon deprioritizing warfighting  (Read 124 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As global threats grow, concerns mount that Pentagon deprioritizing warfighting

"China likely cares very little about whether its sailors have access to education opportunities or whether their marine spouses are able to transfer their work skills from one location to another," wrote Marine veteran Dakota Wood.

By Aaron Kliegman
Updated: September 11, 2022 - 11:17pm

As America faces a range of growing security threats from abroad, concerns are mounting that the Pentagon's senior leadership is too focused on priorities other than deterring and preparing for war.

For some experts, a recent 1,141-word message to the Navy and Marine Corps crystallizes this issue.

The message, penned by Secretary of the Navy Carlos del Toro, was meant to tout his accomplishments after one year of being in charge of the Navy Department. He highlighted the Navy's progress on several issues: sexual harassment, mental health, education, housing, keeping personal costs down, child care, spouse employment, and the Exceptional Family Member Program.

https://justthenews.com/government/security/global-threats-grow-concerns-mount-pentagon-deprioritizing-warfighting
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson