Author Topic: ‘Things like this should never be forgotten’: 9/11 survivor saddened by ignorance today  (Read 472 times)

Offline mountaineer

‘Things like this should never be forgotten’: 9/11 survivor saddened by ignorance today
by Heather Hamilton
September 11, 2022 06:05 AM
Washington Examiner
It has been more than 20 years since Sept. 11, 2001, but Irina Moldavsky vividly remembers it as a busy morning that quickly became a day that changed everything for her.

“I still remember," Moldavsky told the Washington Examiner. “It’s hard because some people want to move on, but things like this should never be forgotten — just like the Holocaust and slavery. It’s unfortunate.”

Moldavsky was a 24-year-old optician helping clients get fitted for glasses at the LensCrafters located in the underground shopping plaza below the World Trade Center towers in New York City that day.  ...

Now in her mid-40s, Moldavsky lives in central Virginia. She said she remembers the unity among New Yorkers as being “incredible.”

Having immigrated from Russia as a child, she said it has been hard to see “so many American freedoms stripped away from us since that day. Kids today don’t even know.” Moldavsky added that it’s disappointing that “such an historical day only really changed those who were directly touched by it.”

“People acknowledge it every year. It’s out there, but people are ignorant if it doesn’t impact them directly,” Moldavsky said. “People should remember this day because people died over ideological and political differences. I wish people understood. It’s good to be reminded that these things can happen to any of us, anytime, any day.”  ...
Rest of article
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's even harder to watch, considering the freedoms stripped away since the 1950s.
We should not forget, nor should we forget that politicians of any stripe will wantonly use any adverse event as an excuse to seize more power, something we should ever be on guard against.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

“People should remember this day because people died over ideological and political differences. I wish people understood. It’s good to be reminded that these things can happen to any of us, anytime, any day.”

I'm not sure what she wants us to learn.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
9/11/01 was officially forgotten in November of 2008 when we elected an arguably Moslem President.  That soiled the meaning of 9/11, perhaps irretrievably.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Watching the programs last night on the Nat Geo channel - moment by moment accounts of 9/11 - I said things about the perpetrators, their religion and what we should have done that I dare not repeat in public.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Watching the programs last night on the Nat Geo channel - moment by moment accounts of 9/11 - I said things about the perpetrators, their religion and what we should have done that I dare not repeat in public.

Didn't we have some Military Brass lament in September 2001 that the attack may lead to wholesale slaughter of American Moslems and negatively affect the Moslem Outreach programs?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

James Woods
@RealJamesWoods

To see this headline on September 11 is appalling. Why is justice such an elusive concept in America today? Will the heinous among us never be held accountable? This is an outrage, and to read about it on this sacred day is an insult to the fallen.

US prosecutors may negotiate plea deal with 9/11 architect Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, other conspira...
U.S. military prosecutors may negotiate a plea deal with the top 9/11 conspirators, with defense attorneys calling for the death penalty to be taken off the table.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-prosecutors-may-negotiate-plea-deal-architect-khalid-sheikh-mohammed-conspirators-report

2:47 PM · Sep 11, 2022  Twitter for iPhone