Author Topic: U.S. Army Recommends Food Stamps For Soldiers Struggling With Inflation  (Read 281 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Army Recommends Food Stamps For Soldiers Struggling With Inflation
Sep 11, 2022

The Political Insider reports:

The U.S. Army is recommending soldiers apply for SNAP benefits, also known as food stamps, to help cover their rising costs from inflation.

The U.S. Army cites the higher prices on a range of goods because of inflation in its recently released official guidance.

“With inflation affecting everything from gas prices to groceries to rent, some Soldiers and their families are finding it harder to get by on the budgets they’ve set and used before,” the guidance written by Sergeant Major of the Army Michael A. Grinston reads. “Soldiers of all ranks can seek guidance, assistance, and advice through the Army’s Financial Readiness Program.”

The guidance points soldiers to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and links them to the federal welfare program’s website.

https://yournews.com/2022/09/11/2411653/u-s-army-recommends-food-stamps-for-soldiers-struggling-with-inflation/#:~:text=The%20Political%20Insider%20reports%3A%20The%20U.S.%20Army%20is,of%20inflation%20in%20its%20recently%20released%20official%20guidance.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: U.S. Army Recommends Food Stamps For Soldiers Struggling With Inflation
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 11:59:30 am »
The troops who protect us get so little so illegal immigrants can have so much. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 12:22:17 pm »
The troops who protect us get so little so illegal immigrants can have so much. :im waiting:
Not to mention a pay cut...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 01:42:47 pm »
Published September 13, 2022 9:23am EDT
Army suggests food stamps for soldiers battling inflation
Guidance for soldiers also points them to the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

The U.S. Army has released guidance for soldiers as they fight inflation, including a suggestion that they take advantage of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly known as food stamps.

SNAP, a benefit for low-income Americans, is a program for which "service members and their families may be eligible," the guidance said, pointing soldiers and their families to the SNAP website and phone number. SNAP is one of several options discussed as part of the Army's Financial Readiness Program.

"With inflation affecting everything from gas prices to groceries to rent, some Soldiers and their families are finding it harder to get by on the budgets they’ve set and used before," guidance from Sergeant Major Michael Grinston said. "Soldiers of all ranks can seek guidance, assistance, and advice through the Army’s Financial Readiness Program."

SNAP applications are processed through state agencies, each with its own eligibility standards. Applicants have to go through their local offices.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/army-suggests-food-stamps-soldiers-battling-inflation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 01:59:39 pm »
Nothing like having your military on welfare...and in turn they ask these men/women to defend this country...this just makes me sick!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34