Author Topic: Russia Sees 'Major Defeat,' Ukraine Has 'Already Won': Ex-Military Leader  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Russia Sees 'Major Defeat,' Ukraine Has 'Already Won': Ex-Military Leader
Andrew Stanton - Yesterday 5:47 PM

Igor Girkin, a former commander of pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine, said on Saturday that Ukrainian troops have "already won" the war against Russia.

Russian President Vladimir Putin launched his invasion of the Eastern European country on February 24, and was met with a strong defense effort from Ukraine, which was bolstered by military aid from its allies. Despite the vast size of Russia's military, Moscow has failed to achieve any major goals. Ukrainian forces launched counteroffensives in recent days in Kherson and the Kharkiv region in an effort to take back territory.

On Saturday, Ukrainian troops made significant gains near Kharkiv, the second-largest city in Ukraine—forcing Russia to retreat from key cities including Izium and Kupyansk, according to Radio Free Europe.

Girkin, who also goes by Igor Strelkov, has long been seen as an anti-Ukraine hardliner. However, he acknowledged Ukraine's victory in a Telegram post Saturday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-sees-major-defeat-ukraine-has-already-won-ex-military-leader/ar-AA11Gy1j?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=82e37719b97c4f1fa87abf5eab2c9355
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson