Author Topic: 10th Amendment Resolution  (Read 2039 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
10th Amendment Resolution
« on: September 11, 2022, 03:13:42 am »
We need to start this again and we need to start, again, to educate people on the principles of the 9th and 10th amendments. 

States were meant to be somewhat autonomous and the federal government in all it's wisdom has totally screwed up the system.

These resolutions became a thing in 2010.  For the next two or three years, they pretty much failed....even in conservative states.

AZ senate killed the effort in 2010.

I'd like to see them start up again.

Time to start calling to the AZ GOP house members to get on the stick. 

Especially with  a conservative court in place.

https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/nullification/10th-amendment-resolutions/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 10th Amendment Resolution
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 03:24:20 am »
I like it, and such resolutions have passed the Legislature here twice, but according to your map, have not been signed by the Governor.

Maybe as an initiated measure, it would work.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 04:15:13 pm »
I like it, and such resolutions have passed the Legislature here twice, but according to your map, have not been signed by the Governor.

Maybe as an initiated measure, it would work.

Thanks for the response. 

The GOP and conservatives rarely specify the place of the 10th in our federalist configuration.

Overturning Roe was more about federalism (to me) than abortion.

We need that message out there. 

This country had 6.5 million people when it was formed.  And the Constitution was "sold" on the concept of governance within governance.

We now have 18 states with more than that. 

I enjoy discussions around the governments of Finland, Norway, and Sweden.  5 million/5 million/10 million. 

I'd ask "Why can't we get back to letting states be more autonomous". 

The left's answer is often "We were never there", which I don't agree with.

But, we, as conservatives, have let things go (how did the 17th ever get passed  8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby).

We need this conversation !!!!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 05:21:00 pm »
Thanks for the response. 

The GOP and conservatives rarely specify the place of the 10th in our federalist configuration.

This country had 6.5 million people when it was formed.  And the Constitution was "sold" on the concept of governance within governance.

I enjoy discussions around the governments of Finland, Norway, and Sweden.  5 million/5 million/10 million. 

But, we, as conservatives, have let things go (how did the 17th ever get passed  8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby).

A Supreme Court Justice said many years ago that he considered the 10th Amendment to be a "dead letter."  It's a century late, but we need to fix this somehow.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 05:30:11 pm »
Thanks for the response. 

But, we, as conservatives, have let things go (how did the 17th ever get passed  8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby ).

Because the swamp would become useless and have to give up power.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 05:35:25 pm »
Amendment X is already in the Bill of Rights.  If the Constitution itself is already being ignored, then what good will a resolution do?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 05:38:56 pm »
Amendment X is already in the Bill of Rights.  If the Constitution itself is already being ignored, then what good will a resolution do?

We need to publicize the fact that he 10th and 9th Amendments have been 100% ignored for over a Century and 99% of the country doesn't know it and/or doesn't care.

That's what "Resolutions" are for.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2022, 09:14:36 pm »
We need to publicize the fact that he 10th and 9th Amendments have been 100% ignored for over a Century and 99% of the country doesn't know it and/or doesn't care.

That's what "Resolutions" are for.

It's going to be a long battle. 

I like the 10th Amendment Center....been a while since I was focused on this. 

They were trying to start chapters at one point, but I think that died. 

Our local representatives and the AZ GOP need to be more vocal about this. 

For a long long time, the federal government has had the states by the cajones using all kinds of blackmail.  Pisses me off.

We need to get control back to Phoenix.  I don't want D.C. running the show for my native state (or any other state). 

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2022, 09:28:19 pm »
It might not even be time to go for the resolution. 

What is the state GOP's position ? 

If they are not on board, we need to change them out so we get people who are on board. 

We can't be crusaders (they tend to get crucified).

Mise institute on the 10th.....

https://mises.org/power-market/who-killed-10th-amendment

I know some of you don't like CATO...but I do and on this one they do a great job...

https://www.cato.org/blog/constitutional-amendment-re-empower-states

Today, none of these elements of our original design remain. The Supreme Court has allowed the federal government to control nearly limitless activities, supposedly as an exercise of its power to regulate interstate commerce. The executive branch acts as its own de facto legislative branch, “interpreting” statutes through executive actions and agency rulemaking to unilaterally give itself the powers it wishes to exercise.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 09:30:00 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2022, 07:45:52 am »
Thanks for the response. 

I agree aobut Roe, which is why I have trouble seeing the uproar from the blue enclaves, especially in the blue states. They will get their murder laws just fine. It is their desire to impose that on everyone that reeks.

The 17th was a disaster, as far as I am concerned, because that stripped the States of their power in the Government: their interests, as expressed by the legislature, were no longer well represented, and now even less with the Senate pandering directly to the people. The House was there to represent the People, the Senate, the States.

I'm not sure it can be fixed, what with the fixation on "democracy". I can already hear the Left howling about how the people would be losing their voice, and with the current state of Civics education in this country, the majority would buy it.

Sad, but all too true.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2022, 12:17:12 am »
I agree aobut Roe, which is why I have trouble seeing the uproar from the blue enclaves, especially in the blue states. They will get their murder laws just fine. It is their desire to impose that on everyone that reeks.

They have other qualms, but it comes down to preferences.

I won't repeat their arguments because I don't agree with them and I am tired of arguing with them (on other boards).

In the end, Roe was bad constitutional law in my opinion.  It never should have happened.

Added to that are unenumerated rights that Douglas pulled out of his backside....and frankly.....I was appalled.  They don't see that.

Screw'em.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2022, 12:20:22 am »
The 17th was a disaster, as far as I am concerned, because that stripped the States of their power in the Government: their interests, as expressed by the legislature, were no longer well represented, and now even less with the Senate pandering directly to the people. The House was there to represent the People, the Senate, the States.

I'm not sure it can be fixed, what with the fixation on "democracy". I can already hear the Left howling about how the people would be losing their voice, and with the current state of Civics education in this country, the majority would buy it.

Sad, but all too true.

Yes, you can't just throw it at people.  They have to understand the context for our concern. 

Even a lot of conservatives I know don't know about the 17th.

Barack Obama mocked Alan Keyes when Keyes raised the issue (using just what you called out). 

It has to be done right.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 03:34:26 am »
Yes, you can't just throw it at people.  They have to understand the context for our concern. 

Even a lot of conservatives I know don't know about the 17th.

Barack Obama mocked Alan Keyes when Keyes raised the issue (using just what you called out). 

It has to be done right.
True enough. FOr far too many, knowledge of the Constitution is lacking, and knowledge of the Amendments, if it gets all the way through the Bill of Rights, generally doesn't get beyond the 14th (unless to gripe about the 16th).

Hillsdale College has been pushing a Constitution course, I just might take it.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 03:22:45 pm »
True enough. FOr far too many, knowledge of the Constitution is lacking, and knowledge of the Amendments, if it gets all the way through the Bill of Rights, generally doesn't get beyond the 14th (unless to gripe about the 16th).

Hillsdale College has been pushing a Constitution course, I just might take it.

I have friends who have taken the class, and they recommend it highly.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2022, 04:48:38 pm »
The concept is pretty simple.

As CATO says....it's pretty much dead.

To revitalize it, we need to offer up the positives of what applying it would mean.

Do you recall when Ted (the Liar of the Senate) Kennedy tried to get involved in Arizona water issues ?

A classic example of the fed fixing a state issue (or trying....and really screwing things up).

I don't want Obamacare.

I would be willing to discuss a state run limited health care system. 

States are uniquie. 

Michigan is not like Florida.

Yet, every bill that congress passes tries to treat them the same.

The Constitution is inspired.

We, as conservatives, didn't take very good care of it.

We know the left wants a monarchy (being hyperbolic...I know).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 04:50:06 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2022, 06:19:53 am »
Now, where were we on this resolution ?

Oh yeah....we got to get the conversation started....again.

At least I have not seen anything from the GOP supporting this.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2022, 05:10:32 pm »
I haven't heard anything recently either.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2022, 12:51:59 am »
I haven't heard anything recently either.

If anyone would know about anything working within the AZ party it would be an operative/official like yourself. 

I am going to sit on this until after the mid-terms. 

Then I'll kick it back up as I start reaching out to my local reps.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2022, 08:01:21 pm »
If anyone would know about anything working within the AZ party it would be an operative/official like yourself. 

I am going to sit on this until after the mid-terms. 

Then I'll kick it back up as I start reaching out to my local reps.

Dittos! I want this to!
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2022, 02:19:12 am »
Dittos! I want this to!

I am already talking to people I am meeting about this. 

If enough of us make noise, hopefully they'll listen.

Additionally, it's time to measure EVERY representative (senator or member of the house) by how well they abide the principles of the 10th. 

I don't care how "conservtive" they think they are...if they are not talking in terms of decentralization of many functions....they won't get my support.

That will need to be gradual. 

People like Lake and Masters will need to get on board....long term.