State Chapters > Arizona

10th Amendment Resolution

<< < (2/4) > >>

Hoodat:
Amendment X is already in the Bill of Rights.  If the Constitution itself is already being ignored, then what good will a resolution do?

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on September 11, 2022, 05:35:25 pm ---Amendment X is already in the Bill of Rights.  If the Constitution itself is already being ignored, then what good will a resolution do?

--- End quote ---

We need to publicize the fact that he 10th and 9th Amendments have been 100% ignored for over a Century and 99% of the country doesn't know it and/or doesn't care.

That's what "Resolutions" are for.

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on September 11, 2022, 05:38:56 pm ---We need to publicize the fact that he 10th and 9th Amendments have been 100% ignored for over a Century and 99% of the country doesn't know it and/or doesn't care.

That's what "Resolutions" are for.

--- End quote ---

It's going to be a long battle. 

I like the 10th Amendment Center....been a while since I was focused on this. 

They were trying to start chapters at one point, but I think that died. 

Our local representatives and the AZ GOP need to be more vocal about this. 

For a long long time, the federal government has had the states by the cajones using all kinds of blackmail.  Pisses me off.

We need to get control back to Phoenix.  I don't want D.C. running the show for my native state (or any other state). 

HikerGuy83:
It might not even be time to go for the resolution. 

What is the state GOP's position ? 

If they are not on board, we need to change them out so we get people who are on board. 

We can't be crusaders (they tend to get crucified).

Mise institute on the 10th.....

https://mises.org/power-market/who-killed-10th-amendment

I know some of you don't like CATO...but I do and on this one they do a great job...

https://www.cato.org/blog/constitutional-amendment-re-empower-states

Today, none of these elements of our original design remain. The Supreme Court has allowed the federal government to control nearly limitless activities, supposedly as an exercise of its power to regulate interstate commerce. The executive branch acts as its own de facto legislative branch, “interpreting” statutes through executive actions and agency rulemaking to unilaterally give itself the powers it wishes to exercise.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: HikerGuy83 on September 11, 2022, 04:15:13 pm ---Thanks for the response. 

The GOP and conservatives rarely specify the place of the 10th in our federalist configuration.

Overturning Roe was more about federalism (to me) than abortion.

We need that message out there. 

This country had 6.5 million people when it was formed.  And the Constitution was "sold" on the concept of governance within governance.

We now have 18 states with more than that. 

I enjoy discussions around the governments of Finland, Norway, and Sweden.  5 million/5 million/10 million. 

I'd ask "Why can't we get back to letting states be more autonomous". 

The left's answer is often "We were never there", which I don't agree with.

But, we, as conservatives, have let things go (how did the 17th ever get passed  8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby).

We need this conversation !!!!

--- End quote ---
I agree aobut Roe, which is why I have trouble seeing the uproar from the blue enclaves, especially in the blue states. They will get their murder laws just fine. It is their desire to impose that on everyone that reeks.

The 17th was a disaster, as far as I am concerned, because that stripped the States of their power in the Government: their interests, as expressed by the legislature, were no longer well represented, and now even less with the Senate pandering directly to the people. The House was there to represent the People, the Senate, the States.

I'm not sure it can be fixed, what with the fixation on "democracy". I can already hear the Left howling about how the people would be losing their voice, and with the current state of Civics education in this country, the majority would buy it.

Sad, but all too true.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version