State Chapters > Arizona

10th Amendment Resolution

<< < (3/4) > >>

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 12, 2022, 07:45:52 am ---I agree aobut Roe, which is why I have trouble seeing the uproar from the blue enclaves, especially in the blue states. They will get their murder laws just fine. It is their desire to impose that on everyone that reeks.

--- End quote ---

They have other qualms, but it comes down to preferences.

I won't repeat their arguments because I don't agree with them and I am tired of arguing with them (on other boards).

In the end, Roe was bad constitutional law in my opinion.  It never should have happened.

Added to that are unenumerated rights that Douglas pulled out of his backside....and frankly.....I was appalled.  They don't see that.

Screw'em.

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 12, 2022, 07:45:52 am ---The 17th was a disaster, as far as I am concerned, because that stripped the States of their power in the Government: their interests, as expressed by the legislature, were no longer well represented, and now even less with the Senate pandering directly to the people. The House was there to represent the People, the Senate, the States.

I'm not sure it can be fixed, what with the fixation on "democracy". I can already hear the Left howling about how the people would be losing their voice, and with the current state of Civics education in this country, the majority would buy it.

Sad, but all too true.

--- End quote ---

Yes, you can't just throw it at people.  They have to understand the context for our concern. 

Even a lot of conservatives I know don't know about the 17th.

Barack Obama mocked Alan Keyes when Keyes raised the issue (using just what you called out). 

It has to be done right.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: HikerGuy83 on September 13, 2022, 12:20:22 am ---Yes, you can't just throw it at people.  They have to understand the context for our concern. 

Even a lot of conservatives I know don't know about the 17th.

Barack Obama mocked Alan Keyes when Keyes raised the issue (using just what you called out). 

It has to be done right.

--- End quote ---
True enough. FOr far too many, knowledge of the Constitution is lacking, and knowledge of the Amendments, if it gets all the way through the Bill of Rights, generally doesn't get beyond the 14th (unless to gripe about the 16th).

Hillsdale College has been pushing a Constitution course, I just might take it.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 13, 2022, 03:34:26 am ---True enough. FOr far too many, knowledge of the Constitution is lacking, and knowledge of the Amendments, if it gets all the way through the Bill of Rights, generally doesn't get beyond the 14th (unless to gripe about the 16th).

Hillsdale College has been pushing a Constitution course, I just might take it.

--- End quote ---

I have friends who have taken the class, and they recommend it highly.

HikerGuy83:
The concept is pretty simple.

As CATO says....it's pretty much dead.

To revitalize it, we need to offer up the positives of what applying it would mean.

Do you recall when Ted (the Liar of the Senate) Kennedy tried to get involved in Arizona water issues ?

A classic example of the fed fixing a state issue (or trying....and really screwing things up).

I don't want Obamacare.

I would be willing to discuss a state run limited health care system. 

States are uniquie. 

Michigan is not like Florida.

Yet, every bill that congress passes tries to treat them the same.

The Constitution is inspired.

We, as conservatives, didn't take very good care of it.

We know the left wants a monarchy (being hyperbolic...I know).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version