State Chapters > Arizona

10th Amendment Resolution

(1/4) > >>

HikerGuy83:
We need to start this again and we need to start, again, to educate people on the principles of the 9th and 10th amendments. 

States were meant to be somewhat autonomous and the federal government in all it's wisdom has totally screwed up the system.

These resolutions became a thing in 2010.  For the next two or three years, they pretty much failed....even in conservative states.

AZ senate killed the effort in 2010.

I'd like to see them start up again.

Time to start calling to the AZ GOP house members to get on the stick. 

Especially with  a conservative court in place.

https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/nullification/10th-amendment-resolutions/

Smokin Joe:
I like it, and such resolutions have passed the Legislature here twice, but according to your map, have not been signed by the Governor.

Maybe as an initiated measure, it would work.

HikerGuy83:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 11, 2022, 03:24:20 am ---I like it, and such resolutions have passed the Legislature here twice, but according to your map, have not been signed by the Governor.

Maybe as an initiated measure, it would work.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the response. 

The GOP and conservatives rarely specify the place of the 10th in our federalist configuration.

Overturning Roe was more about federalism (to me) than abortion.

We need that message out there. 

This country had 6.5 million people when it was formed.  And the Constitution was "sold" on the concept of governance within governance.

We now have 18 states with more than that. 

I enjoy discussions around the governments of Finland, Norway, and Sweden.  5 million/5 million/10 million. 

I'd ask "Why can't we get back to letting states be more autonomous". 

The left's answer is often "We were never there", which I don't agree with.

But, we, as conservatives, have let things go (how did the 17th ever get passed  8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby).

We need this conversation !!!!

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: HikerGuy83 on September 11, 2022, 04:15:13 pm ---Thanks for the response. 

The GOP and conservatives rarely specify the place of the 10th in our federalist configuration.

This country had 6.5 million people when it was formed.  And the Constitution was "sold" on the concept of governance within governance.

I enjoy discussions around the governments of Finland, Norway, and Sweden.  5 million/5 million/10 million. 

But, we, as conservatives, have let things go (how did the 17th ever get passed  8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby).

--- End quote ---

A Supreme Court Justice said many years ago that he considered the 10th Amendment to be a "dead letter."  It's a century late, but we need to fix this somehow.

EdinVA:

--- Quote from: HikerGuy83 on September 11, 2022, 04:15:13 pm ---Thanks for the response. 

But, we, as conservatives, have let things go (how did the 17th ever get passed  8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby ).

--- End quote ---

Because the swamp would become useless and have to give up power.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version