Author Topic: Man gets sucker punched, pulls out weapons and kills the perp… You Decide…  (Read 1107 times)

Offline DB

He wasn't being threatened when he shot the perp.

I'm not sorry the perp is gone though.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Bad shoot. Threat was ended. (Not saying the perp didn't ask for it, just that turning around and shooting a now non-hostile perp is bad form.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The world is a slightly nicer place with that one thug dead.

If I were on the jury,he would never be convicted.

He brought that on himself.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

The world is a slightly nicer place with that one thug dead.

If I were on the jury,he would never be convicted.

He brought that on himself.
I agree, but the prosecutor has a clear shot at a conviction. Everything anymore is being recorded, and to start to leave, pull the weapon and shoot that jerk won't play well. It is no longer self-defense, but reprisal.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

I agree, but the prosecutor has a clear shot at a conviction. Everything anymore is being recorded, and to start to leave, pull the weapon and shoot that jerk won't play well. It is no longer self-defense, but reprisal.

I would argue that the City of Chicago has purposely created an arena of lawlessness, and that it is they who are responsible for consequences such as this.  Of course it won't work, but I would argue that anyway.  Bernard Goetz won his case, but probably would have lost had there been video of his actions.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

True...but if I had a weapon on me it would be all I could do to not shoot the guy.

Online Smokin Joe

I would argue that the City of Chicago has purposely created an arena of lawlessness, and that it is they who are responsible for consequences such as this.  Of course it won't work, but I would argue that anyway.  Bernard Goetz won his case, but probably would have lost had there been video of his actions.
Goetz won because the jury could envision being surrounded by a group of "youths" with sharpened screwdrivers. Video might have hurt him, but the jury can still nullify.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If it was a Black guy shooting another Black guy, nobody would be arrested and we would have never heard of it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

If it was a Black guy shooting another Black guy, nobody would be arrested and we would have never heard of it.
Yeah, but the black guy would have had his hoodie up, making ID harder.

C S Lewis

Offline yodaspock

all he has to say is he was concussed and didn't know that he was doing?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

That might work, actually, since the jury will be looking for some loophole to let him off.  If the guy who was killed has a long list of offenses, and the guy with the gun is clean, then such a defense might work. Otherwise it is manslaughter or second degree murder.

You should be an attorney, mister yodaspock.

Online Smokin Joe

@yodaspock Nicely done!

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

Very good!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm still Looking for the guys lung laying on the ground next to the perp?

'A .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out, may be able to get it, and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body.'
-Joe "Hogleg" Biden

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm still Looking for the guys lung laying on the ground next to the perp?
-Joe "Hogleg" Biden

@Wingnut

Not gonna find it. All a 9mm handgun round does is create a 9mm hole in one side of the body and out the other side.

Yeah,it is usually fatal due to the damage it does while traveling through the body,but a lot of it's energy is lost the instant it opens the hole in the bac

Pretty much anything you shoot someone with is capable of killing them. That is not in question. What IS in question is "How long the person or persons you just shot will be capable of returning fire or injuring/killing you in some other way?"

The best solution is the combination that has the largest diameter possible combined with enough velocity to make a slight bulge in the skin of your target's back before it stops moving.

The best solution anyone has came up with in since the beginning of the 20th Century is called "The 45 ACP".

Granted,there is no such thing as a commercial 45 ACP load that you can buy anywhere that will perform my my custom handloads in my custom 1911,but any you buy are more effective than anything else on the market.

BTW,for those of you who don't know much about ballistics,handguns,and related subjects,do NOT get experimental when it comes to handloading. I can't emphasize this enough. Things can get VERY dangerous VERY quickly if you don't truly understand what you are doing. Stick with commercial rounds you  can buy at any gun store.

Another thing to consider when shooting criminals with handloads is the VERY real possibility of a lawsuit by the deceased family for your creating "special killer bullets that kill instead of disable". Don't forget,you  will be facing a jury that knows less about ballistics than they do nuclear energy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hmmm....
Lemmmeeeessseeee here...

So...
If someone attacks you from the rear...with force that is clearly intended to do serious damage or kill... there is no defense against that?

What if you don't defend yourself, try to walk away, and perp attacks you again... again... from the rear?

You cannot turn and defend yourself...?

Not in my world, folks.
Glad that perp is dead and gone.

Offline verga

Happens 40-50 times a week in Chicago, Detroit, etc.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

@Wingnut

BTW,for those of you who don't know much about ballistics,handguns,and related subjects,do NOT get experimental when it comes to handloading. I can't emphasize this enough. Things can get VERY dangerous VERY quickly if you don't truly understand what you are doing. Stick with commercial rounds you  can buy at any gun store.

Another thing to consider when shooting criminals with handloads is the VERY real possibility of a lawsuit by the deceased family for your creating "special killer bullets that kill instead of disable". Don't forget,you  will be facing a jury that knows less about ballistics than they do nuclear energy.
One of Massad Ayoob's major points in the books is that it is much easier to defend "factory loads".
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.