Author Topic: A credit card industry group has approved a plan to track sales of guns and ammo with a new merchant  (Read 789 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A credit card industry group has approved a plan to track sales of guns and ammo with a new merchant code
John Sexton Sep 09, 2022 8:05 PM ET

CBS News has a big scoop this afternoon. The industry group that sets international standards for credit card companies has decided to create a new code for the purchase of guns and ammo that, while not identifying the exact purchases, will separate those items from the more generic category they had been lumped in with previously.

Merchant category codes are made up of four digits and are used across all sorts of industries as a means to classify retailers, while not revealing individual product purchases. Credit card companies currently lump firearm retailers in with other outlets, classifying them as either “5999: Miscellaneous retail stores” or “5941: Sporting Goods Stores.”

With a new code for firearms merchants, potentially suspicious purchasing patterns could be flagged to law enforcement — much the same way banks and credit unions made more than 1.4 million suspicious activity reports in 2021 for other types of transactions that might suggest anything from identity theft to terrorist financing.

more
https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/09/09/the-credit-card-industry-has-approved-a-plan-to-track-sales-of-guns-and-ammo-n495512
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Fortunately, I imagine many Briefers like myself stocked up before much of this new anti-2A nonsense.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

Cash sales only.....  :whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Yep, and always have.

I have two that were bought over a counter - full paperwork... I did it on purpose and consider em to be sacrificial. Two more were bought over the counter and sold off after a few years - Though I cannot tell you who I sold em to...

I learned something painting houses... If you are in the finishing stage and doing the punch list, leave a couple glaring errors for them to catch - Because if you don't they will nitpick the punch to death. But if they feel like they found something, they often will not look much further.

That's what those papered guns are for. A sacrificial tenth.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have two that were bought over a counter - full paperwork... I did it on purpose and consider em to be sacrificial. Two more were bought over the counter and sold off after a few years - Though I cannot tell you who I sold em to...

I learned something painting houses... If you are in the finishing stage and doing the punch list, leave a couple glaring errors for them to catch - Because if you don't they will nitpick the punch to death. But if they feel like they found something, they often will not look much further.

That's what those papered guns are for. A sacrificial tenth.
:beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

It appears that some people don't understand the clear meaning of "Shall not be infringed."
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org