Author Topic: Atlantic hurricane season reaches climatological peak Sept. 10  (Read 679 times)

Online libertybele

Atlantic hurricane season reaches climatological peak Sept. 10
« on: September 10, 2022, 01:56:01 pm »
We've already seen some cooling here in southern FL, it is dipping down into the 70's at night -- unusual for this time of year.

Atlantic hurricane season reaches climatological peak Sept. 10

Sept. 10 marks the climatological peak of the Atlantic hurricane season, as that's the date when the most tropical storms and hurricanes have roamed the Atlantic Basin in the historical records.

Early to mid-September is the time of year with the most optimal conditions for the formation of tropical cyclones in the Atlantic. This is when sea-surface temperatures reach their warmest levels of the season, upper-level winds in the tropical Atlantic Ocean tend to relax, Saharan dust is less widespread than earlier in the summer, and tropical disturbances frequently roll off the western coast of Africa..............

https://www.foxweather.com/extreme-weather/atlantic-hurricane-season-peak-september-10
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Atlantic hurricane season reaches climatological peak Sept. 10
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 02:34:32 pm »
Upper 60's here, which is climatologically low without a cold front for the 1st week of September. 

I'd still not write off hurricanes just yet.  The Major Hurricane Season ends here in Texas October 1.  Central and East GOM states, and the eastern seaboard shouldn't let their guard down either. On an earlier thread, I mention this season has somewhat of a 1980 feel to it.  That was a quiet year, until Allen decided to form and suck up all the latent heat that had built up all summer.  Still one of the biggest and most devastating hurricanes I have witnessed in my lifetime.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 02:40:22 pm »
Yeah but all the hype about an above normal active H Season by the professional crystal ball gazers last spring makes me feel good.  The Hippy Dippy Weatherman, Al Sleet is still the most accurate of all time.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 02:44:38 pm »
Yeah but all the hype about an above normal active H Season by the professional crystal ball gazers last spring makes me feel good.  The Hippy Dippy Weatherman, Al Sleet is still the most accurate of all time.

888high58888  I'm not saying by any means we won't have to dodge a hurricane this season, and this may very well be the calm before the storm, but so far the forecasters have been dead wrong.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 02:53:19 pm »

NOAA predicted 14-21, with 3-6 major

Here at the exact climatlogical chronological median we stand at 5, and none meeting major category.

Mother Nature and Saharan Dust, laughs collectively at the clowns at NOAA. At least so far.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 02:56:18 pm »
NOAA predicted 14-21, with 3-6 major

Here at the exact climatlogical chronological median we stand at 5, and none meeting major category.

Mother Nature and Saharan Dust, laughs collectively at the clowns at NOAA. At least so far.

I am optimistically cautious.