Author Topic: Welcome To The Green New Deal, California  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Welcome To The Green New Deal, California
« on: September 10, 2022, 01:36:10 pm »
WRITTEN BY DAVID HARSANYI ON SEP 9, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Welcome To The Green New Deal, California

electric car charging stationIf California, our most populous state, were its own nation, it would rank as the world’s fifth largest economy and boast the highest average household income (outside a handful of “countries” like Monaco or Luxemburg).

And yet, the governor is begging its citizens to stop using their appliances, turn off their lights and keep their thermostats at a stifling 78, lest they suffer more rolling blackouts, like some junior mandarin in a Third World country. [bold, links added]

Of course, I kid when I say that California is already experiencing the effects of the Green New Deal.

A state that still derives more than 66% of its energy from non-renewable sources, has tens of trillions of dollars to go before it meets President Joe Biden’s promise of a 65% reduction in emissions by 2030.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/welcome-to-the-green-new-deal-california/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson