Author Topic: Pentagon hopes for waiver to resume F-35 fighter jet deliveries  (Read 206 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon hopes for waiver to resume F-35 fighter jet deliveries
« on: September 10, 2022, 10:48:56 am »
Pentagon hopes for waiver to resume F-35 fighter jet deliveries
Adam Schrader - Yesterday 9:58 PM

Sept. 9 (UPI) -- An investigation is "moving quickly" into how a Chinese alloy ended up in components for F-35 jets and Pentagon officials hope to soon get a waiver for production to resume.

Delivery of F-35s to U.S. military branches and international customers was halted Wednesday after the Defense Contract Management Agency last month notified the F-35 Joint Program Office that an alloy used in magnets contained in the jets' turbomachine pumps was of Chinese origin.

Lockheed Martin makes the aircraft but the turbomachine is made by Honeywell. The use of Chinese materials is not allowed under Defense Department regulations but the Pentagon could issue a national security waiver to allow deliveries to resume.

"They're looking at two things: one, impact on security, if any, and impact on airworthiness or safety, if any," William LaPlante, Under Secretary of Defense for acquisition and sustainment, said Friday. "Right now, so far it doesn't appear to be either of them."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pentagon-hopes-for-waiver-to-resume-f-35-fighter-jet-deliveries/ar-AA11EYLd?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f468d0c260a942918d5f21457dc85fc4
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Re: Pentagon hopes for waiver to resume F-35 fighter jet deliveries
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 11:54:53 am »
Some U.S. military parts imported from China  By Wyatt Andrews
 June 9, 2013 / 2:13 AM / CBS News
The hellfire missile -- launched from helicopters, jets and predator drones --  has been a critical weapon in the war on terror. But the propellant that fires the missile must be imported from China.

The glass in U.S.-made night vision goggles requires a soft white-colored metal called lanthanum, 90 percent of which comes from China.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/some-us-military-parts-imported-from-china/

Nothing new and nothing has been done....