Author Topic: US Speeds Plan for New Armored Vehicle and Sends Older Models to Ukraine  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Speeds Plan for New Armored Vehicle and Sends Older Models to Ukraine
Army to send Ukraine vehicles now, restock with improved model
The new Armored Multiple-Purpose Vehicle is being built by BAE
By Anthony Capaccio and Roxana Tiron
September 9, 2022 at 6:00 AM EDT

784.40GBp-3.00-The US Army plans to use $867 million in Ukraine emergency funding for a new contract and accelerated production of an improved armored personnel carrier from BAE Systems Plc to replenish its own inventory.

The Armored Multiple-Purpose Vehicle will replace the M113 carrier, a workhorse introduced in the Vietnam War era. Under drawdowns of Pentagon stockpiles authorized by President Joe Biden, 200 of the older M113s will be sent to Ukraine by the active-duty Army and the Army National Guard.

The trade-off, disclosed in Pentagon budget documents, reflects that there are advantages for the Defense Department in rushing existing weapons supplies to the war front in Ukraine while gaining improved replacements for the future.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-09/us-to-speed-up-new-armored-vehicle-as-ukraine-gets-older-models?leadSource=uverify%20wall
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 10:35:52 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson