Author Topic: Allies push for US weaponry after seeing impact in Ukraine  (Read 168 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Allies push for US weaponry after seeing impact in Ukraine
« on: September 10, 2022, 10:20:25 am »
Allies push for US weaponry after seeing impact in Ukraine
By LOLITA C. BALDOR, Associated Press - Yesterday 5:16 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) — As other nations see the impact of U.S. weapons in the Ukraine war, the Pentagon is getting more requests for them, including the high-tech, multiple-launch rocket system that Ukrainian forces have successfully used against Russian ammunition depots and other supplies, Defense officials said Friday.

Bill LaPlante, the department's under secretary for acquisition, told reporters that the Pentagon has been working with the defense industry to increase production lines to meet both U.S. and international demands for certain weapons. And he said some countries have already begun asking about buying the High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, or HIMARS.

As a result, he said, the U.S. has to both replace the HIMARS systems it sent to Ukraine — at a projected cost so far of about $33 million — but also predict the future demands in foreign sales.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/allies-push-for-us-weaponry-after-seeing-impact-in-ukraine/ar-AA11EVtL?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f468d0c260a942918d5f21457dc85fc4
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 10:21:18 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson