Author Topic: Two Georgia deputies slain in ambush attack, sheriff asks for prayers  (Read 698 times)

Offline libertybele

Two Georgia deputies slain in ambush attack, sheriff asks for prayers

Two deputies with the Cobb County sheriff's office in Georgia were killed Thursday night in what police are calling an ambush shooting.

Sheriff Craig D. Owens told reporters the deputies were serving a warrant when they were ambushed, WSB-TV reported.

Two suspects were taken into custody after a nearly four-hour standoff with police. Cobb County court officials identified the suspects as Christopher Cook and Christopher Golden. They will make their first appearance in court at 4 p.m. on Friday.

The names of the murdered deputies have not been released.

“What I can tell you in this moment is this -- in plain terms it is simple, my two deputies were ambushed this evening and killed,” Owens said Thursday. “The two suspects we believe are the perpetrators of this crime are currently in custody and are being held at the Cobb County Police Department for questioning.”

Shortly after 7:45 p.m. Thursday, Cobb County deputies visited a home in an area west of Marietta to serve a warrant for failure to appear by theft or deception, Owens said. ...............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/georgia-deputies-slain-ambush
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Two Georgia deputies slain in ambush attack, sheriff asks for prayers
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 03:51:41 am »
There was a standoff ending with the perps surrendering? WTF, didn't SWAT have any explosives?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 03:53:39 am »
There was a standoff ending with the perps surrendering? WTF, didn't SWAT have any explosives?
Remarkable restraint exercised somewhere, there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 04:19:12 am »
Quote from: AnotherArticle
According to the warrant, in February of this year, Cook stole cash, a bracelet, ring and necklace from the victim, who was listed as Brian Golden, He then sold the items at a pawn shop, according to the warrant. It’s unclear if Brian Golden is related to the second suspect, Christopher Golden.

A previous indictment obtained by Channel 2 Action News shows that Cook was also arrested in 2012 for breaking into two Cobb County churches with the intent to steal property, stealing two guns from another victim and breaking into his mother’s home, where he stole an iPad, a television and a computer. He was also charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute.

Somehow you knew drugs were involved. Stealing from a church and his own mother... yep, class acts.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 03:12:21 pm »
Agreed, apparently not all cops are the murderous bastards some make them out to be.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 03:39:49 pm »

Yeah, too restrained.  These two should have off'ed just to save the GA taxpayers a few bucks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2022, 03:54:30 pm »
This happened off Sandy Plains Road near Wigley.  This is not a bad area at all.

‘The pure definition of a hero’ Mother and sister speak about deputy killed in line of duty

September 09, 2022 at 11:37 pm EDT

COBB COUNTY, Ga — The family of one of the Cobb County Sheriff’s deputies killed in the line of duty on Thursday, shared their sorrow and memories with Channel 2.

The mother and sister of sheriff’s deputy Jon Koleski, told Channel 2 his killing leaves a hole in their family that will never be filled.

“I was in complete shock. ... Even so many hours later, it still doesn’t feel real or solid yet,” said Koleski’s sister, Melissa Marchetti.

Koleski’s family wants the world to know about the man they lost.

“I’m heartbroken but at the same time, I’m so proud of him because he’s like the pure definition of a hero in so many different ways, to his siblings, to his mother, to his country, to his wife, to his state. So, just an all-around hero. There’s no better way to describe him,” said Marchetti.

Before joining the Cobb County Sheriff’s Office, his family told Channel 2 that Koleski served in the Army, serving three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb-county/mother-sister-cobb-county-deputy-killed-line-duty-spoke-only-channel-2/ESQKES3NAJGBXLXUOLWK2U43AE/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2022, 11:53:54 pm »
:pondering: Inbred? Cops should have just blown their A$$es up.
Likely crackheads.

Unfortunately for all involved, now they get to get clean and face the music.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis