Author Topic: EVs Dearer To Run Than Petrol Now  (Read 362 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EVs Dearer To Run Than Petrol Now
« on: September 09, 2022, 05:40:37 pm »
EVs Dearer To Run Than Petrol Now
SEPTEMBER 8, 2022
tags: Electric Cars
By Paul Homewood

It won’t be news to anyone that energy prices have risen at a crippling rate in 2022 due to the ongoing energy crisis. The latest price rise will see the average household on a variable or default duel-fuel tariff pay an estimated average of £3,549 per year for electricity and gas; up from an estimated average of £1,971 based on summer 2022 prices.

This will impact some 24 million households in the UK who are on a default or variable dual-fuel tariff. It represents capped unit prices of 52 pence per kWh (p/kWh) plus a 46p per day standing charge for electricity. Gas will cost 15p/kWh, plus a daily standing charge of 28p per day, according to Ofgem figures.

Rates will vary depending on your provider, your tariff and how you pay. It is also worth noting that the price cap, which dictates energy prices across the UK, will be revised every three months as of 2023, and the industry predicts further rises.

With this huge hike in domestic utility costs, there’s an even greater focus on whether electric cars are still cheaper to fuel than petrol and diesel cars. Here, we’ll take a look at what it will cost to run an electric car (EV) after the October price rises.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2022/09/08/evs-dearer-to-run-than-petrol-now/
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 05:41:37 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: EVs Dearer To Run Than Petrol Now
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 08:06:05 pm »
I don't understand the usage of the word "Dearer" in the headline....is this some weird Brit thing?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 08:07:43 pm »
I don't understand the usage of the word "Dearer" in the headline....is this some weird Brit thing?

It is; it means more expensive, more costly.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 12:03:59 am »
It is; it means more expensive, more costly.

:beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: