Author Topic: Modern-day Marie A says you cannot even have cake  (Read 291 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Modern-day Marie A says you cannot even have cake
« on: September 09, 2022, 05:14:45 pm »
Modern-day Marie A says you cannot even have cake

By Duggan Flanakin |September 9th, 2022|Energy|4 Comments

Out in Nancy Pelosi’s California, the ice cream queen’s protégé announces an end to gasoline-powered vehicles a day before he also discourages charging electric vehicles (EVs). Meanwhile, French president Emmanuel Macron (a true son of Marie Antoinette) announces the end of abundance.

Macron, who not that long ago announced the forthcoming closure of a quarter of France’s nuclear power plants (and its last four coal-fired power plants), explained the abject failure of his energy policies with this cryptic statement:

“What we are currently living through is a kind of major tipping point or a great upheaval … we are living the end of what could have seemed an era of abundance … the end of the abundance of products of technologies that seemed always available … the end of the abundance of land and materials including water.”

https://www.cfact.org/2022/09/09/modern-day-marie-a-says-you-cannot-even-have-cake/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=modern-day-marie-a-says-you-cannot-even-have-cake
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Modern-day Marie A says you cannot even have cake
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 09:23:15 am »
IOW Macron, you screwed le chen...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Modern-day Marie A says you cannot even have cake
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 10:02:18 am »
Man that's some heavy shit he's saying.  Heel's up Harris must be writing his speeches these days.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.