Author Topic: Why Are States Having To Use The National Guard For Routine State Functions?  (Read 193 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why Are States Having To Use The National Guard For Routine State Functions?
August 22, 2022 by Scott Faith

The National Guard has been used for some weird things lately. And I’m not talking about the standard “Let’s use the Guard to pretend to secure the National Capitol against a threat that no longer exists” shenanigans. Or for routine uses like riot control, firefighting, and disaster relief. Well, I guess the Guard didn’t really get as much use as it should have in the whole “riot control” department while major American cities were getting burned and looted during the “mostly peaceful” BLM riots, but that’s neither here nor there. No, I’m talking about some REALLY unusual things.

Take, for example, the time that President Biden reportedly considered nationalizing some Guard units and forcing them to work in California ports, unloading ships and driving trucks. Let that sink in: the National Guard. Serving as stevedores and teamsters. Why?

Well, it’s probably because the government is out of options. Or, at least they’re out of easy options. It’s clear that the Guard is being used as a stopgap to address the unintended (but predictable) policies that were driving Americans out of the workforce and causing economic and social chaos in our country. COVID restrictions and mandates, especially vaccinations, combined with extraordinarily generous unemployment benefits, and a general sense of dread and malaise promoted by both the political and media classes (who am I kidding, they’re both pretty much the same at this point) created the conditions that led to the need for the Guard.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=60.0
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Why Are States Having To Use The National Guard For Routine State Functions?
August 22, 2022 by Scott Faith

The National Guard has been used for some weird things lately. And I’m not talking about the standard “Let’s use the Guard to pretend to secure the National Capitol against a threat that no longer exists” shenanigans. Or for routine uses like riot control, firefighting, and disaster relief. Well, I guess the Guard didn’t really get as much use as it should have in the whole “riot control” department while major American cities were getting burned and looted during the “mostly peaceful” BLM riots, but that’s neither here nor there. No, I’m talking about some REALLY unusual things.

Take, for example, the time that President Biden reportedly considered nationalizing some Guard units and forcing them to work in California ports, unloading ships and driving trucks. Let that sink in: the National Guard. Serving as stevedores and teamsters. Why?

Well, it’s probably because the government is out of options. Or, at least they’re out of easy options. It’s clear that the Guard is being used as a stopgap to address the unintended (but predictable) policies that were driving Americans out of the workforce and causing economic and social chaos in our country. COVID restrictions and mandates, especially vaccinations, combined with extraordinarily generous unemployment benefits, and a general sense of dread and malaise promoted by both the political and media classes (who am I kidding, they’re both pretty much the same at this point) created the conditions that led to the need for the Guard.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=60.0

Interesting article, bad link.