Author Topic: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump  (Read 13387 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2022, 01:11:39 pm »
TEA Party was doing it right. And that is inevitably what will have to happen again.

It has happened again .... and continues under the leadership of Donald Trump.

The Tea Party fell apart ----  until Trump.  They heard and recognized his voice and message and crawled over broken glass from the political hinterland to vote for him, not once, but twice.  And they will do it a third time because former Tea Partiers, especially, know the true value of a man who fights.

It's all good.   happy77

Offline corbe

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2022, 01:29:35 pm »
   The Tea Party didn't fall apart~It was Murdered particularly by McConnell and Boehner which say it as a Threat to their Uniparty.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2022, 01:53:23 pm »

The Tea Party fell apart ----  until Trump.  They heard and recognized his voice and message and crawled over broken glass from the political hinterland to vote for him, not once, but twice.  And they will do it a third time because former Tea Partiers, especially, know the true value of a man who fights.

It's all good.   happy77

I remember how Rush Limbaugh’s style-over-substance analysis captured the media/politics zeitgeist of the 80’s and beyond. In spite of this too many on the right have gotten hung up on Donald Trump’s style coming in to office.

But they should have seen his substance after President Trump finished a remarkable term in office, under the most vexing of conditions faced by a novice politician ever, with both the left and right attacking him. But, that just demonstrated that he was over the establishment target.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2022, 02:22:21 pm »
Is this a serious post @Cyber Liberty ?

I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is to criticize a Governor who's doing good things because he has a Legislature that works with him.  I see a bit of the old "Trump, all Trump and ONLY Trump!!!" starting to rear its head.

I'd better not be seeing the Trump Wars starting up with all the "Lyin' Ted" crap again, only with a fresh target.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2022, 02:42:17 pm »
I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is to criticize a Governor who's doing good things because he has a Legislature that works with him.  I see a bit of the old "Trump, all Trump and ONLY Trump!!!" starting to rear its head.

I'd better not be seeing the Trump Wars starting up with all the "Lyin' Ted" crap again, only with a fresh target.

It's enevitable, It's how they roll.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2022, 02:55:07 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

Or..."What"??

What are you going to do?  Turn "semi-fascist" and kill debate to make sure nobody is offended?    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2022, 03:00:21 pm »
I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is to criticize a Governor who's doing good things because he has a Legislature that works with him. 

It's not a criticism @Cyber Liberty  ---- it's a caution.  Few, if any, republican governors have not only a republican statehouse, but one with unquestioning loyalty to the governor.  This is excellent news for Florida, but shines little light on the governor's negotiating skills and compromise red lines.

It also doesn't explain why DeSantis, with all this republican fire power, hasn't repealed the state's Red Flag Laws ---- an issue important to the national base.  Maybe he'll get to this in is second term.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 03:19:48 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2022, 03:08:22 pm »
I see a bit of the old "Trump, all Trump and ONLY Trump!!!" starting to rear its head.  I'd better not be seeing the Trump Wars starting up with all the "Lyin' Ted" crap again, only with a fresh target.

@mystery-ak   @Cyber Liberty

This sounds rather threatening.  Is it management's position that only "anyone BUT Trump" and the spewers of "Tumpy", "cultists", and "there was no election fraud" are welcome here?

Asking for a friend.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2022, 03:17:42 pm »

This sounds rather threatening.  Is it management's position that only "anyone BUT Trump" and the spewers of "Tumpy", "cultists", and "there was no election fraud" are welcome here?

Asking for a friend.

@Right_in_Virginia @Cyber Liberty

LOL!  As already communicated to CL in a PM...it's my feeling that we've had our 'Civil War' in here 7 years ago.

Like Rush, I'm the Mayor of Realville... it's Donald Trump's Party... it's his Presidency, THIRD PARTY or not!

Part of me wishes he wouldn't run, because they're going to kill him.  ...but that's another thread.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Hoodat

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2022, 03:26:41 pm »

The Tea Party fell apart ----  until Trump.  They heard and recognized his voice and message and crawled over broken glass from the political hinterland to vote for him, not once, but twice.

Were you drunk when you wrote that?  Let's not forget that Ted Cruz was the TEA Party candidate back in 2016 when Donald Trump was getting all the GOPe backing during the primaries.  And let's not also forget that it was the majority GOPe delegates that crushed all the reforms offered by the grass roots state level activists who were trying to restore those TEA Party ideals.  Of course the icing on the cake came when the new President appointed the head of the GOPe as his chief of staff.

This is what drives me nuts about #AlwaysTrumpers.  They grasp hold of anything that sounds good, and then attribute that to Trump as if he invented it.  It's all bullsh!t.  Drain the Swamp?  Bullsh!t.  The phrase was never uttered by Trump until a month before the election.  TEA Party?  I have never heard Trump give it a mention.  Reduce the size of government?  Not something Trump ever got on board with.  Yet seven years later, we still hear these blind sycophants parading Trump as if he is the second coming of Barry Goldwater.

Signed,
#NeverLiberal

It's OK to be #SometimesXxxxxxxx.  While I don't like everything Donald Trump does, there are some things that I like very much.  And while I like many things Ted Cruz does, there are some that I dislike very much.  We should all measure everything against our own standards instead of allowing others to dictate our standards for us.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 03:46:56 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2022, 03:35:28 pm »

Asking for a friend.

All views are encouraged, I just don't want to see a needless conflict arise.  That said, I see the light in your concerns, and they are highly valid.  Please don't stop.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2022, 03:37:58 pm »
It's not a criticism @Cyber Liberty  ---- it's a caution.  Few, if any, republican governors have not only a republican statehouse, but one with unquestioning loyalty to the governor.  This is excellent news for Florida, but shines little light on the governor's negotiating skills and compromise red lines.

It also doesn't explain why DeSantis, with all this republican fire power, hasn't repealed the state's Red Flag Laws ---- an issue important to the national base.  Maybe he'll get to this in is second term.

See, I agree wholeheartedly with this post.  My work at the moment is to focus on getting an AZ Legislature as good as FL's and hope Kari Lake is sincere in her America First rhetoric.
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2022, 04:00:43 pm »

Nailed it there.  For some there are only orange tinted glasses.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2022, 04:32:34 pm »
   You Trump haters are all the same.   :smokin:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2022, 04:52:47 pm »
   The Tea Party didn't fall apart~It was Murdered particularly by McConnell and Boehner which say it as a Threat to their Uniparty.

@corbe

Yup!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2022, 04:55:29 pm »

It also doesn't explain why DeSantis, with all this republican fire power, hasn't repealed the state's Red Flag Laws ---- an issue important to the national base. Maybe he'll get to this in is second term.

@Right_in_Virginia

Am I the only one that wants to hear more about this,both the pro and the con?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2022, 04:58:22 pm »
Nailed it there.  For some there are only orange tinted glasses.

@catfish1957

And for some "orange" means "hated traitor for upsetting the apple carts of mah favorite RINO's".

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2022, 05:05:58 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Am I the only one that wants to hear more about this,both the pro and the con?

I know I would.  Red Flag laws are a Red Flag to my opinion.
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2022, 05:15:33 pm »
   Trump doesn't have a stellar record on protecting the 2nd amendment either.  How many 'Gun Control' laws did he sign?  Asking for a Friend.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2022, 05:17:38 pm »
   Trump doesn't have a stellar record on protecting the 2nd amendment either.  How many 'Gun Control' laws did he sign? Asking for a Friend.

@corbe

I don't know.

Why don't you tell us?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2022, 05:17:51 pm »
   Trump doesn't have a stellar record on protecting the 2nd amendment either.  How many 'Gun Control' laws did he sign?  Asking for a Friend.

My bump-stocks lament...
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2022, 05:22:31 pm »
   That's all I can remember @sneakypete is bumpstocks, after the LV mass shooting.  I believe there was 1 or 2 more unfriendly laws but I may just be swimming in my TDS infected pool, naked.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2022, 05:22:51 pm »

In a last gasp, the TEA Party tried to primary McConnell.  He was on the ropes about to go down for the count.  But then Donald Trump stepped in and saved him.  Trump was no friend to the TEA Party movement.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2022, 05:27:17 pm »
   Had I lived in Kentucky at that time @Hoodat I would have probably voted for the demonrat at the time.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2022, 05:56:10 pm »
In a last gasp, the TEA Party tried to primary McConnell.  He was on the ropes about to go down for the count.  But then Donald Trump stepped in and saved him.  Trump was no friend to the TEA Party movement.
Trump is a very bad judge of personnel.