Author Topic: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump  (Read 13381 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2022, 09:08:45 pm »
I really like Cruz and contributed to his campaign as well. My respect for him grew after the 2016 election when he started working with Trump even though Trump had been so rough in the primaries. However, I think if it's not going to be Trump, Desantis is the man. Cruz and Desantis are both quick on their feet and solid conservatives, but Desantis has the advantage of being proven as an effective executive. Cruz does not have the executive experience.

DeSantis has the experience I want to see in a Presidential Candidate because he is a Governor.  Ted has experience with compromising to get the desired result.  Two effective but different skill sets.  Ted is excellent as a Senator, while Rick is an Executive seasoned by fire. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2022, 09:09:26 pm »
I really like Cruz and contributed to his campaign as well. My respect for him grew after the 2016 election when he started working with Trump even though Trump had been so rough in the primaries. However, I think if it's not going to be Trump, Desantis is the man. Cruz and Desantis are both quick on their feet and solid conservatives, but Desantis has the advantage of being proven as an effective executive. Cruz does not have the executive experience.

Cruz has experience in other areas, that DeSantis doesn't and I think the position of the presidency would be a learning curve for both.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2022, 09:42:09 pm »
DeSantis has the experience I want to see in a Presidential Candidate because he is a Governor.

That used to go without saying. For most of my life folks knew that senators did not have the stones.

Let Cruz win a governorship, and successfully execute the office... It would round him out.
DeSantis been there done that - So between the two, the choice would have been (and still is) obvious.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2022, 09:49:57 pm »
I still contend that it will be conservative governors who will keep this Republic hanging on by a thread.  We need all the conservative governors in play that we can muster.

Mid terms will be interesting for certain and I continue to pray for a miracle; the GOP taking both the House and the Senate. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2022, 10:29:45 pm »
Cruz has no chance to win.

@Killer Clouds

Doesn't matter because he has no intention of running. This is just a way to get bags of cash delivered to his door.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2022, 10:30:41 pm »
DeSantis has the experience I want to see in a Presidential Candidate because he is a Governor.  Ted has experience with compromising to get the desired result.  Two effective but different skill sets.  Ted is excellent as a Senator, while Rick is an Executive seasoned by fire.

Who is Rick @Cyber Liberty ?  Thx ...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2022, 10:30:55 pm »
I can see the alternate Houston Chronicle headline if Cruz went to TX:  "Senator Cruz and his entourage sopping up a lion's share of dwindling electrical power during a humanitarian crisis."

Yep, as many say optics and perceptions are 100X more powerful than the truth in the world of media an politics.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2022, 10:46:14 pm »
Who is Rick @Cyber Liberty ?  Thx ...

LOL!! :rolling:

I meant Ron, as in DeSantis.  Brain fart....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2022, 10:51:50 pm »
@Killer Clouds

Doesn't matter because he has no intention of running. This is just a way to get bags of cash delivered to his door.

???? He's stated several times that he's considering running in '24.  Also, he still needs $$ for his Senate bid.

I know you don't like the guy ... judging him rather unfairly here I'd say.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2022, 10:53:17 pm »

I meant Ron, as in DeSantis.  Brain fart....

Damn son! you coulda rick-rolled her, right there...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2022, 11:02:18 pm »
Damn son! you coulda rick-rolled her, right there...

I coulda, but I have respect for @Right_in_Virginia.   22chief
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2022, 11:08:51 pm »

I didn't even notice while knowing exactly who you were talking about...

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2022, 11:10:25 pm »

I meant Ron, as in DeSantis. 

Thanks  -- I wasn't sure if you had Rick Scott in mind.  @Cyber Liberty

You said you think DeSantis is "an executive seasoned by fire".  He's had a loyal and compliant Republican statehouse to work with during his term.   What "fire" have I missed?

« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 11:12:51 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2022, 11:14:52 pm »

No offense meant, for sure... But that setup was sweet.  happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2022, 11:24:14 pm »
Thanks  -- I wasn't sure if you had Rick Scott in mind.  @Cyber Liberty

You said you think DeSantis is "an executive seasoned by fire".  He's had a loyal and compliant Republican statehouse to work with during his term.   What "fire" have I missed?

From the leftist media attacks from almost all the other states.  I'm glad he has a good Legislature, I am hopeful for the same in AZ.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2022, 11:31:16 pm »
@Killer Clouds

@sneakypete
Every politician does the same thing. I like Cruz for a senator or justice. If he would happen to win the GOP nomination I'd probably vote for him because I will never vote DCP. I would much rather vote for a conservative successful governor. In other words Cruz is not my first choice.

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2022, 12:28:47 am »
From the leftist media attacks from almost all the other states.  I'm glad he has a good Legislature, I am hopeful for the same in AZ.

Not smelling the sulfur @Cyber Liberty   ----   Ron's had an easy ride all around.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2022, 12:53:39 am »
Not smelling the sulfur @Cyber Liberty   ----   Ron's had an easy ride all around.

But does he do anything really wrong?  I'm not demanding perfection, I just want to see more candidates than Donald Trump showing ability. 

I'm not going to fault DeSantis for having God give him a good Legislature with which to work.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2022, 01:07:30 am »

I agree with you @Right_in_Virginia   Ron has been criticized but rarely challenged. He has taken full advantage of a super majority and is certainly not wasting any time utilizing his authority.  He's getting what needs to be accomplished done rather than sitting idly by.

So far I am pleased with his actions, but he's almost had too easy of a time and the leftist liberals have pretty much left him alone.  Maybe I'm reading more into that scenario, but I still remain somewhat skeptical of him. 

Trump launched his political career though, so I do consider that as a good thing.

DeSantis is young, energetic and is getting the job done.  Time will tell what his next move is.  He claims he's not interested in the presidency.  We shall see.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2022, 01:12:45 am »
I'm not going to fault DeSantis for having God give him a good Legislature with which to work.

Or maybe he's just better at jammin a deal and getting folks to line up with him. Jussayin.  :whistle:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2022, 01:24:34 am »
Or maybe he's just better at jammin a deal and getting folks to line up with him. Jussayin.  :whistle:

DeSantis has a full conservative majority in both Houses and so that is working out well for him.

Again, IMO, it is the conservative governors who will keep our Republic in tact right now.  It is imperative that we build conservatism from the ground up. RINO's and liberals have thrown their weight around and have ensured that they do not lose power by undermining our electoral process and have indoctrinated our youth with liberal ideology in our public schools. If we can get enough conservatives at the local and state levels and continue to build conservatism all the way to the top, then conservatism will eventually win.  I don't know though if time is in our favor. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2022, 01:31:30 am »
DeSantis has a full conservative majority in both Houses and so that is working out well for him.

Tumpy did too his first two years - simple majorities, granted - but all the same, he was unsuccessful at building advantage from that - He did not get the people who matter and who know to follow. That's simply a fact.

Again, IMO, it is the conservative governors who will keep our Republic in tact right now.  It is imperative that we build conservatism from the ground up. RINO's and liberals have thrown their weight around and have ensured that they do not lose power by undermining our electoral process and have indoctrinated our youth with liberal ideology in our public schools. If we can get enough conservatives at the local and state levels and continue to build conservatism all the way to the top, then conservatism will eventually win.  I don't know though if time is in our favor.

Absolutely true - TEA Party was doing it right. And that is inevitably what will have to happen again.
And it doesn't matter if time is in our favor or not - It is the ONLY way that conservatism will succeed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2022, 01:42:30 am »
Tumpy did too his first two years - simple majorities, granted - but all the same, he was unsuccessful at building advantage from that - He did not get the people who matter and who know to follow. That's simply a fact.

Absolutely true - TEA Party was doing it right. And that is inevitably what will have to happen again.
And it doesn't matter if time is in our favor or not - It is the ONLY way that conservatism will succeed.

:yowsa: 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2022, 10:30:45 am »

Unfortunately, about half those who were TEA party on the stump became Swamp Critters overnight (election night).

That is the problem on the Right, about half of what we get lies their way into office, and that's the base McConnell and other Swampies draw on to thwart any attacks on the Bog.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2022, 12:18:39 pm »

Is this a serious post @Cyber Liberty ?