Author Topic: Nuclear operator tells woke government to go fly a kite  (Read 452 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Nuclear operator tells woke government to go fly a kite
« on: September 09, 2022, 12:16:08 pm »
WND By Jack McEvoy 9/7/2022

Says plan to put plant in reserve in case of emergency is 'technically unfeasible'

The operator of a German nuclear power plant, PreussenElektra, rejected the government’s plan to send its plant into reserve operation in case of an energy emergency because it considers the proposal to be technically unfeasible, German media outlet BR24 reported.

PreussenElektra, the operator of Essenbach’s Isar 2 plant, declared in a letter to the German government that Economy Minister Robert Habeck’s Monday proposal to close two nuclear reactors at the end of 2022 while keeping them ready to go online at a moment’s notice to address future electricity shortages was “technically unfeasible,” according to BR24. The operator said that the proposal to quickly restart the nuclear plants to address an energy emergency after shutting them down could be unsafe.

The operator, which is a subsidiary of the German utility company E.ON, also told the Economy Ministry on Tuesday that the state’s national electrical grid stress test determined that the power generated by the three remaining nuclear plants is necessary to help the nation get through winter. Germany is working to stockpile and save fuel to prevent winter shortages as Russia continues to shut off natural gas flows through the Nord Stream 1 pipeline, blaming Western sanctions for halted gas deliveries.

More: https://www.wnd.com/2022/09/nuclear-operator-tells-woke-german-government-go-fly-kite/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Nuclear operator tells woke government to go fly a kite
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 12:21:05 pm »
They should just keep the damned things on and running.  That could be the difference between life and death for thousands of Germans this winter.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 03:34:25 pm »
They should just keep the damned things on and running.  That could be the difference between life and death for thousands of Germans this winter.
I'm no nukelear fizzisist and didn't even sleep in a Holiday Inn Express, but even I would think that starting a nuke plant after a shut down takes more than flipping a proverbial switch. I mean what are you going to do, not conduct time consuming safety and system tests along with incremental starting of the pile?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 03:35:17 pm »
I'm no nukelear fizzisist and didn't even sleep in a Holiday Inn Express, but even I would think that starting a nuke plant after a shut down takes more than flipping a proverbial switch. I mean what are you going to do, not conduct time consuming safety and system tests along with incremental starting of the pile?

Almost certainly.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 10:18:45 am »
Common sense dictates that such a startup has safety checks that MUST be observed. Failure to do so could result in all three units being off line.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis